trolling motor instructions...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Victor Coar

Reaction score
I finally bought a bps prowler 55 a minn kota 2 bank charger and a optima blue top battery. can someone give me the advice on the following questions?

1 I have installed the motor on the transom it came with the round connectors not the alligator clip type. Do I just put them on the battery and tighten the wing nuts down? is there a cover or something I should put on the posts to cover them up?

2 can I leave the onboard charger connected all the time? even while the motor is connected?

3 when I get home should the motor be disconnected while I charge? Do I plug it in and leave it that way 24/7? Do I need to worry about catching things on fire?

4 how do I stow this thing? if I tilt it all the way up it will hit the seat. Do I need to remove it while the boat is on the way to/from the lake?

Finally do you have any safety tips for me- I have 3 and 5 yr old fishing buddies and they mind pretty well but I am afraid curiosity will get the best of them how can i keep them safe? without tying them to chairs? I would hate to see them get hurt on the trolling motor...

Thanks a lot guys! I will share photos of my battery compartment upgrade asap!