trolling motor?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Action

Reaction score
Hey all great forum. Been picking up parts to build my first aluminum boat. Have a motor (20 hp) trolling motor (48 lb 12v) trailer and some small parts. Still looking for a deal on a 14'er. Anyway my ? is a 48lb 12v trolling motor enough/to much for a 14' aluminum?
Thanks
Jack

Will fish the Ca. Delta with some tide changes.

It will be plenty of power. My old Motor Guide 45# thrust brute pulls my 14fter just fine. I only found it not to have enough power when a major cold front blew in way ahead of schedule with 30+ mph gusts. It did have just enough power to pull my boat out of a stumpy cove to where I could start the outboard before things got bad. Under normal safe conditions it will have more than enough power for your boat, I got myself into a situation that should have never happened.

depending on the tide it may be okay here in Pa on the tidal Delaware river with a 7 ft tide swing
that motor may be a bit undersized it may get you to the spot but you will be pushing it

Latest posts