TUNA

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Popeye

Reaction score
For my 52nd birthday I decided screw it and screw the lawn, I was going fishing...

Tuna is what was the hot bait.

Shamrock colored cut plug with tuna in oil inside it.

It was the only bait hit today.

Ran it on a downrigger and after the first fish, a 7 pound 4 oz Coho, I lost the rubber band that holds it closed. Salmon must have snagged it when he slammed it. He was a greedy piggy too, 21 Alewives in his stomach. I found another rubber band on board so I tied a loop in it and it kinda worked holding the put plug shut.

A while later the same rig at the same depth was hit again, brought up a 3 poundish Laker. Removed the hook from it while it was still in the water. I don't care for Lake Trout.

After seeing another boat land what they reported was a 20+ King on a meat rig a little higher than I was fishing I pulled the cut plug and reloaded it. As soon as I reset it, I was still reeling in some slack, it got hit. Small 1 pound 14oz King swallowed the hook so deep it was in it gills.

Washed a lot of plugs, spoons and flies. Some the same color scheme as the cut plug and some different.

75 - 80 FOW and down 50 was what worked for me. I stayed north of the harbor and south of the Nuke.

The King doesn't look that small does he?

DSCN0180.jpg

Nice report.
I can't see any picture...do I want to see the picture...?

Captain Ahab said:
Nice

You need some plaid shorts - I will send you mine
I thought those were plaid "shorts" he was holding. :wink: The "king" looks more like a 2 of clubs. [-X )

It's nice to be able to finally get out to be able to give a report. Seems every time I want to go, the weather is terrible and when the weather is decent, I have to work or something else pops up.

Nope...
I think I had problems with your posts before.
Other then your signature and that dizzy blonde,I don't see anything.
I tried the compatibilty veiw...still nothing.
I can see anyone elses,just your posts.

Zum said:
Nope...
I think I had problems with your posts before.
Other then your signature and that dizzy blonde,I don't see anything.
I tried the compatibilty veiw...still nothing.
I can see anyone elses,just your posts.

How about now? Using the tinboats photo hosting.

normal_DSCN0180.jpg

Latest posts