Used Soft Plastics Poll

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What do you do with your used soft plastics?

• Throw away (torn up or not)

Votes: 11 28.9%
  • Put back in the bag (If they aren't torn up)

Votes: 20 52.6%
  • Save and make new baits out of them (melt down and re-mold)

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Use a soft plastic glue to mend and re-use

Votes: 4 10.5%

• Total voters

ACarbone624

Reaction score
What do you guys do after a day of fishing with your soft plastics?

Do you think they are still good (if they aren't torn up) or should you toss them?

Depends on what im throwing, if im using power worms ill use them till I cant then toss em, as they dont melt down. If im using one of my plastics ill try to save them and melt them down later, but most times I loose them before I get the fish in. Swimbaits ill take a bic to and try to fix them up as best I can, before tossing them.

I use them until they can't stay on the hook. Then I superglue them back together and keep using them.

At times a brand new one is all that works but I've found that most times I can fish a plastic bait until it is just flat out used up.

Depends. If I pull the worm off to change to something else, and it's in good shape I'll toss it back in a separate 'used' bag for possible later use wacky rigged, but if it's been chewed on or won't stay firmly rigged then it's gone. I at least do toss them in the bottom of my bag and dispose of them at home instead of just tossing them in the water.

Glue them back. I've caught 20 something fish on one Ribbit Frog with 9 going over 4 pounds :lol: Esquired, I got a bag of old baits I don't feel like gluing back together that you can have to remelt if you want them.

FishinsMyLife said:
Glue them back. I've caught 20 something fish on one Ribbit Frog with 9 going over 4 pounds :lol: Esquired, I got a bag of old baits I don't feel like gluing back together that you can have to remelt if you want them.

Send them to me and I will send you some "new" baits back

I have caught many, many, many fish on remelts -and I always get some cool new shades of colors

once mine get tore i throw them in the bottom of the boat to melt into a soft plastic glob as part of my next mod. i figure in time ill have a recycled plastic cushion floor :wink:

Loggerhead Mike said:
once mine get tore i throw them in the bottom of the boat to melt into a soft plastic glob as part of my next mod. i figure in time ill have a recycled plastic cushion floor :wink:

Heck man, maybe you can turn the boat into a giant Senko - imagine the size of the fish that would eat that

Captain Ahab said:
Loggerhead Mike said:

Heck man, maybe you can turn the boat into a giant Senko - imagine the size of the fish that would eat that

Ahab, you would be the one guy thinking about a fish eating a boat ;-)

Captain Ahab said:
Loggerhead Mike said:

:LMFAO:

For years I never fished plastics, but lately I have started using them and I'm doing well with them. I usually chunk the ones that the line has ripped through and those that are still good I rebag and reuse. I don't have a mold so I don't melt them down.

I repair almost all using a Wal Mart Automotive Pencil Soldering Iron, under 5 dollars and a piece of copper wire wrapped three times around the tip and sticking out 3/4 inch off the end. The wire is about the size of a pencil lead and when heated, does well in repairing tears and hook holes. Much cheaper than glue, but do be certain to exhaust fan the fumes. Also a good way of welding new profiles and lures.

Latest posts