value of 6-7 yr old foot controlled minn-kota powerdrive

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tadpole86

Reaction score
Getting ready to do some trading for a 6-7 yr old minn kota powerdrive trolling motor. It is 50lb thrust, foot controlled, and hardly ever been used. It is a pontoon style with longshaft but i will just unbolt the top and cut it and rebolt it. Anybody ever use one or have any advice? Also what you guys value something like this it? I see where the new powerdrive v2's are onsale for $430. I found this one online on another site that appears to be the one I am getting. Also will it be too much for the boat as far as getting in the way, its a 14 ft alum jon.

https://www.sdoinsider.com/minnkota_powerdrive

I can't tell you for sure but I would have a hard time paying more than half new for any electronic.

If it's in real good shape, probably around $200.

I have the same motor, but it's a V2. 54lb thrust Power Drive. It's still BRAND NEW. And I've been getting offers on craigslist for $50 and $100.

I've given up. I was going to sell it, and use that money to buy a used, but bigger motor.

I've since found some info that tells me I can convert my 54lb motor, to a 24v 70lb motor for a little over $200. Which is WAY cheaper than it's going to cost me to just go buy a 70lb 24v motor.

I was thinking $200 would be a fair price.
I have a 2008 40lb PowerDrive motor and like it. It's nice to be able to control the bow mount from the back of the boat.

Im picking it up tomorrow, according to the guy it has been on the water less than 5 times in 6 years. It has an extended cord from the pontoon and supposedly no nicks or dings at all on the prop. I'll post pics when I get it.

Thats a pretty good deal. Im still going to make the trade tomorrow, I am trading a gun for it that I do not have very much in so it is a good trade on both ends.

I bought the one I have for 200 even, 54" 55 ft lbs and I think it was 4 or 5 years old at the time. I personal wouldn't pay that much for one now, I want a cable steer.

tadpole86 said:
Thats a pretty good deal. Im still going to make the trade tomorrow, I am trading a gun for it that I do not have very much in so it is a good trade on both ends.

Can't beat that. I traded a bench top belt sander, and a chop saw that I never used for the boat that had my motor on it. Got a 65hp Johnson, aux engine bracket, and a set of trim tabs. And I'll probably sell the controls.

Latest posts