Video of my home Shad tank

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LMAO OK, I looked at it several times and finally just figure I'm old and it's some new slang the younger generation has come up with and I haven't heard about it yet. And I couldn't begin to tell you how much I hate small keyboards so I understand that.

JMichael said:
LMAO OK, I looked at it several times and finally just figure I'm old and it's some new slang the younger generation has come up with and I haven't heard about it yet. And I couldn't begin to tell you how much I hate small keyboards so I understand that.
I no spring chicken myself...yes the keyboard is small and I'm all thumbs!

lswoody said:
Shad are hard to keep alive. I am able to keep bream alive for weeks and it is very easy with ver little maintenance
Bream are great for stripers also. I use to use them in the James River for flat heads as well. Very hardy and easy to keep for sure!

I think there's a limit to the size bream you can legally use for bait. At least I think that there's a limit for this state but not sure if it applies to others as well. Best I can remember, I think someone told me nothing bigger than 4" or something along those lines.

JMichael said:
I think there's a limit to the size bream you can legally use for bait. At least I think that there's a limit for this state but not sure if it applies to others as well. Best I can remember, I think someone told me nothing bigger than 4" or something along those lines.
I don't know of any size limits here. There are some stupid no live bait in trout waters. But you can catch trout and cut them up for cut bait??? Can't even use a native Shad bait fish alive?
Makes no sense at all... The dedicated fly guys pushed that through under the radar. Guess they don't know every trout a Striper fisherman catches now is cut up for bait. If we could use live Shad their trout would be spared! Oh well...

Curiosity got the best of me so I decided to look it up. Per the state game and fish web site regulations.

It is illegal to:
• Use game fish and their parts, dead or alive, for bait or lures, except for 4-inch and smaller bream or
bream over 4 inches that were caught by hook and line. (Bream over 4 inches must be counted toward
your daily limit.)

So it looks like what I was told was correct, but it was also incomplete as it didn't include the info about over 4 inches caught with hook and line.

JMichael said:
Curiosity got the best of me so I decided to look it up. Per the state game and fish web site regulations.

It is illegal to:
• Use game fish and their parts, dead or alive, for bait or lures, except for 4-inch and smaller bream or
bream over 4 inches that were caught by hook and line. (Bream over 4 inches must be counted toward
your daily limit.)

So it looks like what I was told was correct, but it was also incomplete as it didn't include the info about over 4 inches caught with hook and line.
You may be able to,use ones caught on hook and line over 4" but if using a cast net you can not keep them over 4" inches. :?:

H20hawgs said:
JMichael said:

It is illegal to:
your daily limit.)

You may be able to,use ones caught on hook and line over 4" but if using a cast net you can not keep them over 4" inches. :?:
Yep, that's what I understand it to mean.