We gottta leak...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FishingCop

Reaction score
Okay, during our trip, first day we put the boat in, next morning the bilge was pretty full. Stuck in the live well plug and seemed to stop leaking. We assume we have a leak in the hose which drains the livewell - we think the water is coming in the unplugged hole, leaking through the hose into the bilge. The plugged hole is drain only, there is another intake line when we turn on the live well pump. Any other thoughts before I start tearing up carpet and flooring????

Thanks.

Can you put some food coloring in water and put that in the live well, then check your bilge?
I would run a slighly smaller hose into the hose that you think has a crack in it to see if you could bypass the hole in the hose before ripping up the decking.

Me neither, food coloring :shock: Thats why this is a great site, lots of ideas, gotta love it!!!!

Thanks. Guys.. :D Or it might be cheaper to use sugar free Kool-aid, then when you drain the boat you can have a nice refreshing drink!.. along with a hint of fish flavoring.. :lol: :lol:

cyberflexx said:
Thanks. Guys.. :D Or it might be cheaper to use sugar free Kool-aid, then when you drain the boat you can have a nice refreshing drink!.. along with a hint of fish flavoring.. :lol: :lol:

hahaha, sounds like Japanese soft drink. :mrgreen:

Sort of like using bug juice in the Navy. Bug Juice is a generic version of Kool-Aid the Navy used to use. We used to soak metal objects (brass fire fighting equipment usually) in it and it would eat away all the corrosion. Prolly work well in cleaning out your bilge area and depending on your flavor choice, leave your bilge smelling nice. Lemon maybe? Lemon goes well with fish.

flounderhead59 said:
Sort of like using bug juice in the Navy. Bug Juice is a generic version of Kool-Aid the Navy used to use. We used to soak metal objects (brass fire fighting equipment usually) in it and it would eat away all the corrosion...

Have also scrubbed stainless steel deckplates in the engineering spaces with it; cuts right through the grease! After seeing what it does I quit drinking Bug Juice & Kool-Aid years ago.