Weight distribution help

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ol sarge

Reaction score
I have a 14 ft Smokercraft that I have a 20 hp Merc on. Between the motor, battery full tank and my big self, it is way too much weight in the back. I need to locate the battery and gas tank up front since I mostly fish alone and that would add about 150 lbs to the front. I have two questions:

1. How long of a few line can I use (is 14 feet to much for just a bulb)
2. How can I connect my trolling motor to the battery in the front without cutting off the factory ends?

Thanks for the assistance.

Tim

6 or 8 gauge wire is a little pricey right now shop before you commit. You can use a terminal block mount to the boat or buy a plug and receptacle kit for about $30.

I can't help you with the gas line part.

Might it not be easier to move your bottom to the front seat?

You can certainly move the battery and the fuel tank ..... but you could also consider adding some extra weight to the front of the boat. As long as you aren't overloading it or hurting your speed too much, just buy a couple bags of playground sand and toss them in the front.

Or get yourself a portly fishing partner :lol:

I put a 12 gallon tank in the front of my boat under a small deck. 14 foot of fuel line is not a problem with my motor.

Latest posts