Wetlander Coating for the Jetjon

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been looking at bottom coatings ever since I rebuilt my boat almost 3 years ago. The Wetlander seemed to be the best from my research. I'll be curious to see how it holds up. My concern is I am always floating over gravel and rocks which rubs/scratches up the bottom of my hull and constantly beaching my boat. Wondering if the Wetlander will hold up to that sort of abuse?

If it is anything like GatorGlide it is not meant as armor but it should hold up pretty well. It is meant to be re-coated from time to time. I got the G4 which is more durable but less slick than G2. Wetlander is pretty much the same stuff, Mica is the additive that makes it slick.

According to the product it is silcone based epoxy. As far as durability I know alot of drift boat guys use it and it is used for airboat bottoms. I imagine with any bottom coating it's going to get dinged and scratched but at least its the coating taking the abuse and not the aluminum hull. Measuring the stuff out is the biggest pain in the butt, the mix is 11 to 2.....go figure.

I had a feeling the boat would gainspeed but no idea it would gain as much as it did.You never did say what your running for a motor or maybe I missed it?

To be honest the bottom of my boat was in very bad shape and I think prepping the hull by sanding and smoothing out everything really cut back on drag. I would imagine that a boat that is in good shape prior to coating out would not experience mph gains like I did. Wetlander does claim that you will see an increase in speed, which only makes sense using a friction reducing paint.

My boat is a 1648 Lowe riveted flat bottom powered by a Kawasaki 750 two stroke jetski motor

Gentlemen,
I'm a Wetlander believer as well. I've had mine coated for about a year now and she is still smooth as silk and slippery as snot on a door knob! Great product.

Attachments

• IMG_20150422_162844_238.jpg
    IMG_20150422_162844_238.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 2,770
I had a similar product gator glide that stuff would get scratches but the total surface are of the bottom of my boat that remained painted vs the few scratches is still huge its not going to dip performance much if u get a few scratches on the wetlander.

Total cost with shipping was $250. I think the reason it worked so well on my boat was how rough the bottom was compared to how smooth it became after prep work and painting. Like I said before, initially I am thrilled with product I am interested to see how well it wears in the seasons to come.
Bumping this thread to see if you still like Wetlander

I have been running wet lander on a 17’ paddle Jon and my 2052 alweld jet for several years very pleased. The paddle Jon slides over rocks like a royelex canoe. Good stuff

I have been running wet lander on a 17’ paddle Jon and my 2052 alweld jet for several years very pleased. The paddle Jon slides over rocks like a royelex canoe. Good stuff
Good to hear. Any noticeable speed difference on your jet?

Good to hear. Any noticeable speed difference on your jet?
Well honestly, I put the wetlander on her before she ever touched water new. Had it on two other boats and was impressed before, and 3 buddies did their new boats also after seeing preform

Actually, I intend to paint the bottom of the Lowe 1448M with this stuff. The paint that Lowe is using is pretty crappy. Just look at it and it almost starts flaking off.