what batterys do you run

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loggerhead Mike

Reaction score
My starting battery took a dump on me yesterday on our first fishing trip since July

Curious to what batterys yall run for your motor and TM

Ive got a 29 series voyager ( ac delco ) for the starting battery. It's been a goodn, just wondering if I really need that big of a battery since I'm not using for a trolling motor anymore

Got 2 27 series carquest deep cycles for the tm. I know they will give out before to much longer (4+ year old)
Got a wild hair to just get 3 optima blue tops as it was the best battery I've ever had untill I found out how much these things went up in the last 8 years

What yall recomend? I'm not looking for any cheap walmart stuff, want something that I won't have to worry about for a good wile

optima blue tops Alot of $$$$$$$$ as you aready know but really good batteries

I have one blue top and one no name bennet auto supply deep cycle battery in my boat, so far so good. The blue top is about 3 years old and still going strong the other one is only about a year old with no issues yet.

PS The bennet auto supply deep cycle battery wasn't what I would consider cheap either over a 100.00 dollar price tag.

Attachments

• IMG_2896.JPG
    IMG_2896.JPG
    249.1 KB · Views: 522
Hey fool, where did you get those battery holddowns? Got to get those on the parts list as well

You ain't kidding about the blue tops, I'd love to end up with 3 just don't have that much cash to out in the boat. I only called one place and they quoted me 220 each

Loggerhead Mike said:
Hey fool, where did you get those battery holddowns? Got to get those on the parts list as well

You ain't kidding about the blue tops, I'd love to end up with 3 just don't have that much cash to out in the boat. I only called one place and they quoted me 220 each

Heres a link to were I got the battery holdowns.

https://boats.wholesalemarine.com/index/_/N-/Ntt-battery%20holder

220 a piece ain't that bad, I think I paid almost 300 for mine

I have used wally world batts for both types for several years, the TM will last me 3-4 yrs being a weekend fisher, the crank batt will last until it shorts out on me (which is the usual way for a cranking batt to die on me, sudden and quick, like a bullet to the head) LOL

I have 4 deka agm batteries in my boat i have had them for 3 years now and they are till holding strong
I haven't noticed any drop off from new as of yet
it was very expensive dropping over $800 on batteries but they have been worth it so far

I used to use Interstates, but after the last set I bought, never again. I got 2 27 series and one cranking battery. After a year, one of them completely crapped out. Not too long after that, the other died. I do still have the cranking battery though. Now I use Die Hards. I have had nothing but good experiences with them. They are in my cars and boats. I had some Trojans a while back that I got 5 years out of, they were good too.

JamesM56alum said:
None at the moment but once im done wiring in the lights and troller i'll most likely be using a optima yellow top since thats what i know i can get my hands on for dirt cheap lol

Wanna make 20 bucks on them optimas :wink: