what do you guys think

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cubanredneck

Reaction score
What do you guys think of this deal?. My brother in law wants to trade a evenrude 15 hp mid 80's with a blown head gasket for a marine bat. The bat runs me around 40$ and I think I can change the gasket and pump myself. Have anyone of you guys done this kinda job before and how dificult is it.

Depends on what you find when you pull the head off. WHy did the gasket blow? Cylinders & Pistons OK? If they are scorched, then I dont think it is.
WHat is a marine bat?????????

bat=battery

Yeah,I don't think it would be a good trade unless you have a line on enough parts to rebuild the engine.You may also have to have the cylinders bored and they will need to be honed at least.The head could also be warped as could the cylinder block.

Got the motor home today and took it apart the head was warped as I thought took the machinist about 5 min. to fix on the belt sander. Changed head gasket ,exh. gasket and impeller I also had fuel pump in stock and carb kit. So I rebuilt carb and changed pump. took me around 2 hours and around a $100 in parts and she runs like new. Thanks for all your comments. :D :D :D :D

marine bat= battery.
If I had known that, I would have said yes, its a good deal!
The parts on the motor alone are probably worth a couple of hundred when parted out.
So, you came out on top after all!

I was stunned by 'marine Bat', what the hell's a marine Bat. I thought of a Salt water Bat or... :roll: :roll: duh!
Finally when I realized it was a Battery I'd have gone for it in a flash. :wink:

Latest posts