What do you think it is?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't care WHAT it is aslong as the crappie are hanging out by it! Well except if it is the mother ship, then it would have mutant crappie.

I just have a cheap depth finder and I seldom use it.
When I see what these new units can do,,,just amazes me...almost seems like people are cheating

I don't think it's a tire structure. I've seen plenty. When they built my local lake ( Richland Chambers lake TX ) they left a huge tire reef in the lake made up of the old scraper tires used on the machines that built the dam and other things. I spent many an hour looking at them on side scan and down scan. But when it all comes down to it its all about the fish it holds. I don't care if it is a tractor or a wad of dumped Christmas trees if it holds fish I'll be there but still it is interesting to find out.

I have camera. Just have to get decent day to get out either been to windy or no able to get away from honey do's from mrs.
Grrrrr
I'll post soon as I get it.

Well got camera down to take a look. Water clarity was not greatest so only could see it up close could not get a real good big picture of it. But what did see is that it looked wooden with bands wrapped around it. Like a whiskey barrel. We could see writing on bands, but could not make out what it said. the top dome part had cables strung threw it like you see on sonar photo.
Funny thing was soon as buddy dropped camera down he saw a nice walleye sitting right on top of it. It swam right up to camera and then swam away. Tried jiggin area with jig and minnow no takers.
I plan on in future getting my son inlaw's gopro and dive down and get better look. I will post recording of my findings. May be alittle bit though, our water temps are still pretty low below surface.

Latest posts