What do you think it is?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wallijig

Reaction score
I was fishing on local lake other day and noticed something on bottom on my Lowrance Structure Scan. I can not figure out what it is.
I am hoping to get back out and get some views from different angle to figure it out. But with weather not been able to get back out. It is on a damed up lake but does not have any inlet or outlet stations, just a spillway which water over flows when levels get up.
I was in approx 12' of water. By looks of shadow it square box with type of dome sticking up. What do you think it is?

vermillion.jpg

Hard telling with out a size reference. A flat shovel minus handle( or handle is buried) from ice fishing? Stuff bounces out onto the ice fairly often around here.Its only a guess though.

I was running structure scan on 30' scale and in 12' of water. So bottom area is around 18' so guessing it around 4' to 6' square.

Shovel is a possibility, when you go back out, use DS as well, might provide another clue or two.

That could put it in the range of being a trolling plate or a slide gate. I carry a magnet on board but aluminum would foil it...
Your quality electronics would inspire more magnet fishing though that's for sure.

looks like some kind of cart/wagon pieces to me. How it got there is a Mystery though. The new electronics are amazing, never know what your going to find. My dad has the HDS Gen 1 system and we have seen quite a few interesting things with it including some old farm equipment.

image.jpgI have found a lot of farm equipment. Here I found a ole combine. I heard rumors about it from icefishermen that seen it with under water camera.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=352250#p352250 said:
Wallijig » 14 May 2014, 07:09[/url]"]I have found a lot of farm equipment. Here I found a ole combine. I heard rumors about it from icefishermen that seen it with under water camera.
Looks like a submerged highway to me. How could there be such a crisp shadow, from the object on the right, in 12' of water? Wait....is this a NASA photo from Mars? LOL

I'm guessing you're talking about the thing pointed to with an arrow?

What are the circled things?

Untitled.png

The area in middle that's dark is area angled down to bottom from my boat. White strip is prop wash. Fingers you see sticking down are bubbles from prop.

Here's screen shot of one of my passes over it. You can see on downscan, it's easy 4' high. Does look like UFO.
I plan on picking up my underwater camera from bro-inlaw using it. Hook it to my HDS12 touch to see whats down there & help solve mystery. It's fun guessing though. :D
shot 11.png

I'm thinking it might be an old tow truck seeing the bump on top. In one of those shots it looks like the hood is sitting in front of it. Hey maybe it's Mater! Maybe an old cop car.

After talking to couple guys who also fish it regularly they think it is a tire structure. Lake has no weed beds and such for panfish shelte and they said some club built structures by bolting together tires. But they did not know where they put them.

Latest posts