What size anchor

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sbritt23

Reaction score
So im going to post this cause ive searched and cant find nothing. Im wanting to find a good anchor that will stick the first time and not have to let it catch forever im tired of getting to my fishing spots and driving off of them only to have to crank the motor up and move back up. i have a 1648 alumacraft i was thinking of maybe a 10# anchor but ive been told i could use a grapple anchor less weight and it would do just as good

Get one of these guys and you'll never regret it.

https://www.danforthanchors.com/standard.html

you should buy your anchor depending on what type of lake bottom you fish most...sand,rock,silt,mud etc....to determine what style to buy. as for weight for boats 18ft and under I would get a 20lber at the very least, yeah its a lil overkill but more is always better than less...

Danforth or Fortrex and DO NOT forget the proper amount of chain or it will NOT lay down and hold your boat.

shawnfish said:
you should buy your anchor depending on what type of lake bottom you fish most...sand,rock,silt,mud etc....to determine what style to buy. as for weight for boats 18ft and under I would get a 20lber at the very least, yeah its a lil overkill but more is always better than less...

I use a 12 pound anchor on my 1860 Sea Ark and it'll hold me in 20+ mile an hour winds. It's all about getting it to hold on the bottom.

I just purchased an 18lb Richter Anchor for my 1650 Crestliner. Came recommended by several people I spoke with. Neat design. Picture attached. Have not tried it yet. Hope to get out to Wisconsin river next week. I'll let you know if you are still in the market.

Attachments

• Richter Anchor.jpg
    Richter Anchor.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 291