Where to get bearings, races and seals?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seth

Reaction score
Where does everybody buy new bearings, races, and seals when redoing boat bearings? I'm going to start fresh and replace all of these just for piece of mind. I searched the numbers on my races and now know that my hubs are 1 3/8" x 1 1/16". Is that all the info that is needed to get the correct parts? I've still got the parts in case I needed them to find the correct parts.

I stopped by Oreilly's on the way home tonight and they gave me the parts I needed. My only concern now is the seal. My old seal had a spring going around the outside edge and the one I got to replace it did not. Will this cause any issues? My trailer has the E-Z lube axle's if that matters.

What do you mean by spring going around the outside?

Some seals have a spring to maintain pressure on the diameter surface.
Then there is the Bearing Buddies which have a spring similar to a lock washer, and they maintain pressure to keep water out of the bearing area.

Hanr3 said:
What do you mean by spring going around the outside?

Some seals have a spring to maintain pressure on the diameter surface.
Then there is the Bearing Buddies which have a spring similar to a lock washer, and they maintain pressure to keep water out of the bearing area.

Sorry I wasn't clear on my description. I was referring to the inner seals that had springs on the inner lip to apply more pressure to the spindle. Are they that much better than the regular seals that you get from Oreilly?

Latest posts