Who wants to go? Mexico Bass Fishing 2022

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
All,
There is one more available spot left available for the annual trip to Lake Baccarac in Mexico. I am putting this out there to see if a TinBoats member/reader of the forum has this on their bucket list and might want to take the plunge and join us.

Dates: March 8, 2022, to March 15, 2022.
Cost - The trip is not cheap. All in, you are looking at roughly $4200 total with everything. That includes lodging, meals (unlimited drinks at the lodge and on the boat), guides, tips, etc. This is for seven nights and six days of guided fishing.

PROs
1, You do nothing but fish. You don't change baits, and you don't fix rod issues, and you don't deal with snags, anything along those lines. The guides do EVERYTHING. All you do is catch fish, take pictures, weigh them if you want, and release them.
2, The food is Mexican-inspired, but there are options if you do not like what they are serving. I absolutely love the food. We had a pig roast that was off the hook. It's Healthy eating for sure!
3, The lodge - Simple, clean, air-conditioned, exactly what's needed after a long day of trophy fishing for Monster Bass.
4, Fishing - If you want to consistently catch 5-9 pounders all day long, this is the place for you. Every year I've gone, lots of folks breached the 10lb mark. That's my goal, and I will not stop until I break that double-digit number.

CONs
It's not all fairy tales and unicorns, so I'm just honest.
1, Travel to and from the United States is tough. It's an all-day affair, and if not coordinated correctly, it could be a nightmare. You are in a foreign country, and unless you know Spanish, there could be some rough spots. Luckily we travel in a pack, and we get through it. Once you clear customs, it's all good. That being said, we are trying something new this year which will allow us to bypass Mexico City and go right to Culiacan from Phoenix.
2, The last fishing day is the worst because you are sad knowing that the trip is over until next year. :LOL2:

If you have read this long and are still reading, that means the thought has crossed your mind. Take a moment to read about both trips I took to Lake Baccarac through ProBassAdventures.

2020 Report: https://www.tinboats.net/mexico-bass-fishing-at-lake-baccarac-the-final-report/

2021 Report: https://www.tinboats.net/lake-baccarac-fishing-report/

If you have any questions, please ask.

Newbie member and I don’t have a tin boat. Ranger 520DVX. But I do love Baccarac and Pro Bass Adventures. I hope you fill your group. It’s an experience no bass angler should miss. COVID is NOT an issue on these trips. I take small groups down one or two times each year myself, and I expect that, like you, I have NEVER had a participant who regretted going. Most folks get new PBs and then upgrade them a time or two on the trip. Best of luck in March!

teebeej said:
Newbie member and I don’t have a tin boat. Ranger 520DVX. But I do love Baccarac and Pro Bass Adventures. I hope you fill your group. It’s an experience no bass angler should miss. COVID is NOT an issue on these trips. I take small groups down one or two times each year myself, and I expect that, like you, I have NEVER had a participant who regretted going. Most folks get new PBs and then upgrade them a time or two on the trip. Best of luck in March!

Welcome teebeeJ. thanks for joining!

I'm breaking double digits this year, I can feel it! :lol:

Latest posts