Would this work for fish too?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stinkynathan

Reaction score
I wanted to fry up some chicken last night since I already packed up my George Foreman and my grill is 100 miles away. This is essentially the recipe I found online:

Heat 2 tbsp butter and 1 tbsp oil in a 12" skillet until flour browns quickly when thrown in.
Coat seasoned chicken breasts with flour.
Cook first side for 4 minutes, other side for 3.

I ate it on a toasted 12 grain bread as a sandwich with some provolone and honestly, it was some of the best chicken I've ever cooked.

Any reason why that method wouldn't work with all of the smallmouth fillets I have in the freezer? Probably a little less time on each side, say 3 then 2

i bread almost everything by dipping in egg, then in instant potato flakes, works for everything and really makes a crispy crust. saw it in an old Southern Living cookbook for a fish recipe and been doing it ever since. give it a try!

stinkynathan said:
I wanted to fry up some chicken last night since I already packed up my George Foreman and my grill is 100 miles away. This is essentially the recipe I found online:

Heat 2 tbsp butter and 1 tbsp oil in a 12" skillet until flour browns quickly when thrown in.
Coat seasoned chicken breasts with flour.
Cook first side for 4 minutes, other side for 3.

I ate it on a toasted 12 grain bread as a sandwich with some provolone and honestly, it was some of the best chicken I've ever cooked.

Any reason why that method wouldn't work with all of the smallmouth fillets I have in the freezer? Probably a little less time on each side, say 3 then 2

Essentially the same way I pan fry my fish. Found that letting the fish (or chicken or what ever) sit in the flour mixture 30 minutes or so sets the flour on the meat and doesn’t come off in the frying pan as much.