Yamaha 4 stroke 30 jet opiniones

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hotshotinn

Reaction score
Has you seen one running up the river before and if you did were you inpressed?Do you or anyone no anyone that ras a Yamaha 30 jet?I has a line on a new one but its a 4 stroker.The man at the boat store says the Yamaha is far superiour over the Mercury and this is comming from a man that sells both Yamaha and Mercury :shock: Mercury is a 40 jet over the 30 yamaha but my light 1448 is rateing for a 30 but I am not scared to run a 40 jet onit

i ran a 40/30 Yammi 4 stroke jet on a 15' alumacraft crappy/panfish style jon. It was a heavy motor and made the *** end a little heavy but it pushed it along just fine. Before the motor was even broke in the GPS read just under 30mph. It ran skinny water pretty well to boot.

My biggest consideration would be if the Merc is a four stroke. If the merc is a two stroke, you will probably find similar weight between the 40 merc and 30 yamaha, but I don't know for sure... I'd imagine the yamaha would weigh around 220 or so? If you look on outboardjets.com there is a great chart that lays out the hp you should have (at the pump) based on the overall weight. My 90/65 four stroke makes my 17' squat a little, so on the hole shot the back end dips down pretty good which requires a little more water, but it gets up quick enough that it's for a very short distance.

Yes the Mercury is a 4 stroker like the yamaha.The man called the mercury a big hog.I have seen the 4 stroker Mercury and it is a nice moter and i have been thinking of geting one of those too but the mercury is more than the yamaha.I now am thinking i would be happy with either the mercury or the yamaha.The Yamaha would probely be the best choice on my 1448 but I my change boat to bigger so the more hp would be the best move.My 20 jet still runs like a champ so maybe I evin wait for a better deal?

when i bought my boat it came with the yamaha 30 jet, it ran great, i ran it for 6 months with no problems at all, by the g3 website my boat weights 600+ pounds. It would plane my boat out but slow. But if I had a 1448 i wouldnt hesitate to slap a 30hp yamaha jet on it. hard to beat that warrenty.

When i was looking into new boats last year a 60/40 yammi was $2000 more then the merc 60/40 both where 4 strokes

reedjj said:
What about the Tohatsu MD35 Jet? Its a 2stroke that only weighs 197 lbs. 35 At the JEt too! Its a 50hp powerhead.
Tohatsu and jet [-X Four stroke and jet [-X
No all joking aside I never see a tohatsu with a jet and when I have they've never impressed me. Same thing with a 4 stroke I've never been impressed, but I'm a speed freek so I go with the OMC 2 strokes but I see where that's a problem for alot of guys because you can't buy them new.

There is a E-tec 60/40 for sale on a fishing forum I frequent. It looks to be someone just listing, but not an active member. Text is copied below, but forum has a picture.
BTW: I have no idea if it is a good buy or not (not a jet guy). Just ran acrss it after reading this thread.

https://www.smallmouths.com/smallmouth-forum/showthread.php?t=2126
Evinrude E-Tec 60/40 Jet. $5,250. One owner. Runs perfectly. Bought new in spring 2007. Very low hours. Less than two gallons of E-Tec oil (mixed with fuel) used over life of engine. Been fishing a hp restricted area. Moving to a larger E-Tec to accommodate the growing family.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=5&ved=0CDIQtwIwBA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D9u_nqhgOFbU&rct=j&q=blazer%20jet%20boats&ei=O3IoTueEL-fo0QH5i9XECg&usg=AFQjCNHngAxUahT8n7zeXuxGGx7qLZyS2w&cad=rja

I find this vidio of a Blazer 1752 and a Tosatsu jet.I read this was on the very upper Missisippi river
Looks like the Tohatsu runs along pretty good =D>
Check it out =D>

Looks a little smaller then a 17' 52" to me, looks more like a 16' 48". I'm guessing high 20's to low 30's

I think you are right about the speed.I looked for the info about the boat but no longer can find it.I remember them saying it was a 1752 though and the boaut came from Trout.I likes the setup =D> Nice open and simple =D>

lowe1648 do you know the man that runs that boat?I likes it and if you know him i would like to call and talk with him about the boat.Can you help?

Latest posts