Your electric setup

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depends on a few factors - the size, weight and type of boat

The size and distance of your lake

One thing about electric only is that it is SLOOOOOOW

If you plan to do this very often and seriously I suggest you get the biggest lb trust motor (s) you can afford along with the best batteries

I run 2 12v motors on my 16ft Mod V heavy boat and get about 2.5-3 mph max speed which is about the same as most people walk. I thought about a 24 or 36 v system but since I also have an outboard the extra weight and expense is a little much

The problem you will find with bigger trust motors in 24 or 36v systems is that they require 2 or 3 large batteries each - so more weight and expense.

Its a 1448 mod v on a 1200 acre reservoir. There is a local guy with a custom 16 foot fiberglass boat and a torqeedo setup and it runs 18mph. But he probably has close to 15k tied up in it. Jus looking for some info on other setups that would be a little more cost effective

I can help you with whatever you need. What kind of boat do you have? I assume you are talking about diascunds. I am local. I run a 14ft with a torqeedo and a 70lb in the front. I have had various setups over the years and can help you with efficiency if anything else.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=358496#p358496 said:
lefty » Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:10 pm[/url]"]I can help you with whatever you need. What kind of boat do you have? I assume you are talking about diascunds. I am local. I run a 14ft with a torqeedo and a 70lb in the front. I have had various setups over the years and can help you with efficiency if anything else.

How many batteries does that set up take?

Can you post a few pics please

I run 7 batteries. 4- for the torqeedo. 2- for the front motor. 1- accessories.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1405254282035.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1405254282035.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 475