14ft V-hull mods

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
idahoguy said:
stew6371 said:
i see you have dogs. anyway, i would pull hud apart and check bearings. if they are ok, repack then and reassemble. been a lon time since i took one of these apart, but i think there is a seal that you can replace when you reassemble the hub to keep the grease from leakiing out like that.

I do have a dog, but that's not from him.....the previous owner has like 3 dogs.

Are the hubs specific to the trailer? And where do I start when pulling them apart. I really don't want to mess them up.

Seth-
hubs are specific to the spindle diameter. looks like you have bearing buddies. after you remove them, there will be a cotter pin that you remove. then remove the nut and the hub will come off. if youu are going to pull bearings out and repack then i have a tip for you. after you remove nut and slide hub off, outside bearing will fall out. put hub back on leaving outside bearing out, and put nut back on. just a few turns will be ok. now, start pulling hub off again but let it slide down the spindle and you will feel the inner bearing catch on the nut. then a couple hard jerks and hub will come off and bearing and seal will be on spindle. hope this makes some sense.

Did a little finishing work. Got the pull tabs on the doors, and put some bungees on for the rods.

P1060758.jpg

P1060759.jpg

Bent this closed so it doesn't end up flying off into the water.
P1060763.jpg

P1060765.jpg

I am pretty much as far as I can go with the mods due to funds. I hopefully will be able to get a batter, trolling motor, new wench, chains, baring bras, bow bumper, boat numbers, gas tank, and fuel line before too long.

Seth-

so far the boat looks great! i really like the idea for pull tabs on the storage doors. i was going to use the black finger latches but you have to actually drill and set those. the tabs looks a lot easier and better actually. keep up the good work. =D>

Nice touch with the Herculiner. Adds some non-slip surface, ding abatement and the offset color really sets it off. Good job.

I was finally able to get more done on my boat and trailer.

I cleaned off the bearing buddies and repainted my rims. I also greased up the bearings and got them up to snuff. I am having a hard time finding the right sized bearing buddy bras though.
P1060782.jpg

I decided to build some trailer guides and they came out pretty good. I took Hydrilla's and UtahBassKicker's idea using the ladder stabilizer from Home Depot.
P1060862.jpg

I cut it in half.....
P1060864.jpg

I then used the u bolts that came with the kit, and bought a couple more to attach them to the trailer.
P1070006.jpg

I also put a single bolt through the pvc pipe and aluminum to keep it in place.
All in all I the boat is ready for the water. My motor runs great and I can't wait to fish. I have a few more touches, but nothing pressing.
P1070010.jpg

Seth-

How did you attach your seats to the bench?? Did you go through the seat or just screw into the plywood??