16' monark makeover

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like you guys are having some fun and some rod bending action! I'm jealous sir! So did y'all end up gettin that 40hp?

I have got the Honda 4stroke 45hp and have got a console. I will be cutting it in have and shrinking it in width. Any suggestions from you Tin Boaters.

In my experience it's better closer to the front, allow for a cooler in front of the seat, the reason is the front casting deck has all the room in the world, but the guy in the back will be crammed if you hold the center console too close to the back, just my thoughts...

Nice job on the boat, Brian. That console and 45 HP will make it a different animal now. IMO, you'll want to mount the console so that you can both stand and sit. There will be times when standing feels the best manuvering around structure, the dock, etc., but for a long day on the lake, you'll want to be able to sit and lean back. I'd experiment with that console position quite a bit before cuting holes and screwing it down. You may find that a floor mounted pedestal seat works better now than a seat on the rear platform.

One more thought, with the increased HP and steering whell manuverabiity, don't ever forget to wear your kill switch lanyard.

Looks great. Anxious to see your cut-down console installation.

WELL,THE CONSOLE HAS BEEN CUT AND GLASSED BACK TOGETHER . I PICKED UP A USED ALLUMINUM PROP, A USED SS STEERING WHEEL, HELM AND STEERING CABLE KIT AND THE LINKAGE FOR THE MOTOR.12 12 12 1156123.jpg12 12 12 1157123.jpg

12 12 12 1128123.jpg THIS PICK IS OF THE LINKAGE FOR THE STEERING CABLE TO ATTACH TO THE MOTOR AND THE BACK OF THE CONSOLE CUT AND GLASSED BACK TOGETHER AND PRIMED .12 12 12 1140123.jpg

WE WERE FLOATING THE BOAT WITH THE MOTOR ON THE JACK PLATE BOX SINCE IT WAS A HEAVIER MOTOR THAN THE JOHNSON 25HP/SHORT SHAFT123.jpg12 12 12 894123.jpg

ANYONE GOT ANY SUGGESTIONS , DO'S OR DON'TS DURING THIS NEXT PHASE OF INSTALLATION . WOULD YOU SHIFT THE CONSOLE TO THE RH SIDE AND INSTALL IN THE BOATS ORIGINAL MOUNT LOCATION. THE TUBE IN THE LOWER RH SIDE WALL IS A LIVE-WELL .(I BOUGHT THE BOAT TOTALLY GUTTED). I HAVE NO INTERIOR PCS TO THIS BOAT. I PLAN ON RUNNING A TACH FOR SURE IN THE LARGE CONSOLE HOLE .

I would leave it in the center. It will probably help with center of gravity as well as the boat planing when passengers are in the boat.

Great job Brian,
Bass n flats said:
I would leave it in the center. It will probably help with center of gravity as well as the boat planing when passengers are in the boat.
+2, with 1 extra passenger they can sit on the front of the console, with 2 up thay can sit on each side in the back. The cables from the console to the motor could be covered over with a piece of aluminum U channel or
PVC. Lets go fishing!

WELL IT WAS A SUCCESSFUL THROTTLE CABLE SWAP AND I CAN NOW MOUNT THE THROTTLE TO THE RH SIDE OF THE CONSOLE . I HAD TAKING IT APART AND CLEAN AND REGREASED. IT IS SHIFT ALOT BETTER. ONLY ONE BUSTED THUMB.

Nice work! I have the same boat, originally when I bought it it was rust brown... I stripped it down and repainted it OD green, never realized that that front strip of carpet was factory! I thought it was a PO's idea for traction. I ended up surfacing the front platform and rear platform with truck bedliner for tracion on slippery days. Works pretty well but gets hot in the sun. Anyway, I dig your color scheme and detailed build. Makes me want to do mine over again...