16ft Mirrocraft V-hull build!!**Finished!!!**

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
moberg12 said:
bigwave said:
Hey Moberg, you said you were going to try that floor epoxy for your decks. Were you referring to the product like cooldeck for pools. I have thought about that stuff too but I would be worried about it cracking. Just curious. When I built pools we used a company called Stardeck here in Tampa....that stuff was bullet proof but we always applied to a concrete surface....never tried it on a wood deck. If you use the right stains you could make that stuff look like marble, granite with the flaky stuff....alll kinds of options.

I'm using regular quickrete floor epoxy, I already bought a gallon in white, the flakes, non-slip additive, and a gallon of clear. Hopefully I'll like the final results.

Unfortunately the transmission in my Jeep just started acting up so progress will be slow for a while.

You gotta love when life happens, get that jeep fixed and finish this boat I want to see some fish pictures

moberg12 said:
bigwave said:
Hey Moberg, you said you were going to try that floor epoxy for your decks. Were you referring to the product like cooldeck for pools. I have thought about that stuff too but I would be worried about it cracking. Just curious. When I built pools we used a company called Stardeck here in Tampa....that stuff was bullet proof but we always applied to a concrete surface....never tried it on a wood deck. If you use the right stains you could make that stuff look like marble, granite with the flaky stuff....alll kinds of options.

I'm using regular quickrete floor epoxy, I already bought a gallon in white, the flakes, non-slip additive, and a gallon of clear. Hopefully I'll like the final results.

Unfortunately the transmission in my Jeep just started acting up so progress will be slow for a while.
I feel your pain, My project came to a screeching hault because I had to buy my girl some tires and brakes......good news is I just made my last truck payment. I will have a 500$ raise next month......my boat will feel some love soon.

fool4fish1226 said:
You gotta love when life happens, get that jeep fixed and finish this boat I want to see some fish pictures

Well any money I had to rebuild a transmission is now mounted to the back of my boat :shock: It's going to the shop tomorrow and I'll know if indeed I will need a $1700 rebuild. I'm very handy with a wrench but the inner workings of an automatic transmission is above my skill level. You can always donate to my transmission fund, I'll pm you my email so you can send paypal :mrgreen:

The crappy thing about all this is that I bought the Jeep with 50k miles on it. I changed the fluid and filter the first week I had it and have serviced it every 30k miles since. I'm only at 129k miles now. I knew this day was coming and even joked around with my pops about starting a transmission fund, but I wasn't expecting it until about 200k miles. I almost want to tow the thing up to Jeep and trade it in for a new one, maybe I'll just drive it there in reverse [-X `

Sucks to hear about your transmission woes, on the plus side the boat is lookin sick!

You gotta love Forums!! After hours of reading last night on various jeep forums I was convinced I didn't have an internal mechanical failure in the transmission. So this morning instead of towing the Jeep to the transmission shop I called my local Jeep guru and he agreed with me. A couple hours later I walked out of the Jeep parts department with a new governor pressure transducer, and solenoid along with new filter and gasket, I already had a case of ATF+4!! After sitting at my desk with parts in hand for hrs. not able to get any work done I finally decided to call it a day early. I just finished washing atf out of my hair after taking my Jeep for a long smooth shifting drive. I think it might even be shifting better than before :mrgreen: Total money spent $234, talk about bullet dodged!!!

Now I will drink beer and think about my boat 8)

moberg12 said:
You gotta love Forums!! After hours of reading last night on various jeep forums I was convinced I didn't have an internal mechanical failure in the transmission. So this morning instead of towing the Jeep to the transmission shop I called my local Jeep guru and he agreed with me. A couple hours later I walked out of the Jeep parts department with a new governor pressure transducer, and solenoid along with new filter and gasket, I already had a case of ATF+4!! After sitting at my desk with parts in hand for hrs. not able to get any work done I finally decided to call it a day early. I just finished washing atf out of my hair after taking my Jeep for a long smooth shifting drive. I think it might even be shifting better than before :mrgreen: Total money spent $234, talk about bullet dodged!!!

Well played my friend, It is good that your back to thinking about your boat. =D>

moberg12 said:

:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: sure does help you think :) Not a bad price for a auto-trans fix even if you did have to take shower afterwards :LOL2:

Loggerhead Mike said:
Looking good, where's the maiden voyage going to be at?

Most likely Lake Chatuge. Once the boat is finished I'll be storing it over there so I don't have to tow it over the mountain every time.

Mo
motor sounds great. Electric start huh. you lucky man :D
I cant wait just to get my motor on an start and just dream :LOL2:

flajsh said:
Mo
motor sounds great. Electric start huh. you lucky man :D
I cant wait just to get my motor on an start and just dream :LOL2:

It's still coughing a little, but I think that will all change once it gets run a bit.

Well I got a lot of work done this past weekend and a little more done tonight. All of the framing is 100% complete, I built all of the hatch liners and battery storage. Most of the plywood has been cut to enclose everything. I haven't installed it all yet as I've been painting the back side of it all to protect it from the elements. I ran all the wires for the electronics, and extended the starter cables under the floor to the front compartment where battery one and my pekro switch will be located. Both batteries will be in the front but won't share the same compartment. I purchased one battery a few weeks ago and will be picking up the next one in the next few days.

Tonight I worked on the console. I mounted my 12v plug, the helm, and my main switch panel. The console needs one more coat of paint then I'll wire it all up. All the wires in the boat terminate at the console, that way I'll only have to run one big power and ground wire from the battery.

The steering wheel came with the Yamaha, I'm not a huge fan but it was free so I'll clean it up and paint it to use for now. Eventually I'll pick up a nice stainless one to replace it. I also need to order a new steering cable. I have two old ones 12' & 13' that are too long if anyone needs a steering cable. They're used but perfectly serviceable. One of them even has the helm. PM me if you're interested, I'll let them go cheap!

I can finally smell the fish!!

Here are a couple of pics. The girlfriend has my camera so I was limited to my cell phone. Why don't chicks ever have their own stuff??

Untitled-8.jpg

Untitled-9.jpg

Untitled-10.jpg

Untitled-11.jpg

I'll get more detailed pics for ya'll tomorrow!!

boat looks amazing!!! your doing really good work! :)

off of the boat topic i read something about you having 24hours of Le Mans coming up... if you dont mind me asking which team do you work for? one of my best friends is Lawson Aschenbach who races in the grand am series and has raced in several 24hour @ Le Mans. didnt know if you two know eachother?

inlovewithsurfin said:
boat looks amazing!!! your doing really good work! :)

off of the boat topic i read something about you having 24hours of Le Mans coming up... if you dont mind me asking which team do you work for? one of my best friends is Lawson Aschenbach who races in the grand am series and has raced in several 24hour @ Le Mans. didnt know if you two know eachother?

24 hours of LeMons not LeMan. https://www.24hoursoflemons.com/ Big difference!! I'm just an amateur racer!! My team consists of me and my Pops. My regular racing is with a group called National Auto Sport Association or NASA. I race a Spec E30. An E30 is a second generation BMW 3 series. The lemons car is also an E30 just a lot rustier than the real race car. I got my competition license in 2009, and I'm also a licensed high speed driving instructor!

When your buddy Lawson is racing I'm just a spectator like you!!

Sigpic-1.png

Lemons car on the left, Spec E30 race car on the right. I built both of them myself!

Latest posts