Anchor Pulley

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kkrueger

Reaction score
I got a pulley from a sailboat place then ran my anchor line right through the bow of the boat. Works slick and I can run the anchor line from my seat in the stearn.

At the end of the day I swing the anchor back into the boat for the trailer ride home.

Harken is the company making the pulley if anyone else is looking for one.

On a different boat I had an anchor pulley that mounted on top of the bow, but if you tipped the boat over it would get packed with mud.

Attachments

• TinBoat4.JPG
    TinBoat4.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 2,056
  • TinBoat3.JPG
    TinBoat3.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 2,056
  • TinBoat2.JPG
    TinBoat2.JPG
    33.4 KB · Views: 2,056
is this it?

https://www.harkenstore.com/uniface.urd/scpdinw1.ShowProd?B4RPMEB9Y98HFK

096.jpg

I would think that it would... but I think you could remedy that by cutting the hole a little larger and forming a piece of PVC tube in it, or even better - find a grommet to fit the hole

russ010 said:
I would think that it would... but I think you could remedy that by cutting the hole a little larger and forming a piece of PVC tube in it, or even better - find a grommet to fit the hole
I agree, find a grommet for the hole so it doesnt mess your rope up!

That looks like a neat accessory for the electric only boats but that anchor would bang the heck out of your hull if you were running an outboard. :shock:

Russ, That looks like the one.

I imagine it does put some wear on the anchor line. But, you're right just drill a bigger hole, or find a gromet.

Also, I would probably flip it in the boat before running at any kind of speed, but for my little electric only it's not an issue until back on the trailer.

Latest posts