Anchor Pulley

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kkrueger

Reaction score
I got a pulley from a sailboat place then ran my anchor line right through the bow of the boat. Works slick and I can run the anchor line from my seat in the stearn.

At the end of the day I swing the anchor back into the boat for the trailer ride home.

Harken is the company making the pulley if anyone else is looking for one.

On a different boat I had an anchor pulley that mounted on top of the bow, but if you tipped the boat over it would get packed with mud.

Attachments

• TinBoat4.JPG
    TinBoat4.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 2,056
  • TinBoat3.JPG
    TinBoat3.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 2,056
  • TinBoat2.JPG
    TinBoat2.JPG
    33.4 KB · Views: 2,056
is this it?

https://www.harkenstore.com/uniface.urd/scpdinw1.ShowProd?B4RPMEB9Y98HFK

096.jpg

I would think that it would... but I think you could remedy that by cutting the hole a little larger and forming a piece of PVC tube in it, or even better - find a grommet to fit the hole

russ010 said:
I would think that it would... but I think you could remedy that by cutting the hole a little larger and forming a piece of PVC tube in it, or even better - find a grommet to fit the hole
I agree, find a grommet for the hole so it doesnt mess your rope up!

That looks like a neat accessory for the electric only boats but that anchor would bang the heck out of your hull if you were running an outboard. :shock:

Russ, That looks like the one.

I imagine it does put some wear on the anchor line. But, you're right just drill a bigger hole, or find a gromet.

Also, I would probably flip it in the boat before running at any kind of speed, but for my little electric only it's not an issue until back on the trailer.