Bustin' Bass

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So when we were designing this boat, We made these hatches so they just sat in there, after getting it home and having need to order 2 new hinges for the seat hatches, I decided to hinge these as well, after I hinged them, I discovered why we didn't in the beginning. They will hit the motor when the gas engine is on the boat. So my choice was to unhinge them "Not gonna happen", Cut them to clear the engine, probably a 75.00 bill to have welded were they get cut."Also not gonna happen" Or put a jackplate on the boat, Obviously I choose jack plate, as I wanted one anyhow. The TH marine is 85.00 plus ship/tax at bass pro. Probably go that route, I would rather build just to say I did, but will take to long I think. Haven't decided I procrastinate a lot.

Attachments

• jackplate2.jpg
    jackplate2.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 850
  • hatch.JPG
    hatch.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 850
Bug - Are you happy with the grizzly grip - Did you have to prime or not - When I put mine on they told me no primer for wood was needed I am just curious if you needed to with the aluminum.

My next build will be all aluminum just don't tell the wife.

fool4fish1226 said:
Bug - Are you happy with the grizzly grip - Did you have to prime or not - When I put mine on they told me no primer for wood was needed I am just curious if you needed to with the aluminum.

My next build will be all aluminum just don't tell the wife.

I was very happy with how well the product Installed, I actually did the Ggrip at last resort to cover up the flaws, But I like it very much now that I have done it. I will have to report back on that in a month or so. I put it on over the paint, as you noticed I painted first, I did this to get all the rain edges etc, But the ggrip can apply directly to a painted surface with sanding.

Haven't did a bunch on the boat this week, I actually bought a new tow vehicle, I figured after 38 yrs it was about time to buy new. I did manage to cut the rod locker liner today, Tomorrow I am going to apply the grizzly grip to the bottom floor in the boat. I have to sand, etch prime, then apply two coats of the Grizzly. I still need to add the jack plate, And get the dash installed, My buddy has been real busy and hasn't got the dash cut out and bent up yet. My new tow vehicle doesn't have a reese hitch from the factory. And im not opening the hole on the bumper up. I ordered a hitch today at Advanced Auto Parts, got to love the online coupons. will take a week to get, and 15 minutes to install. Seems its over a hundred degrees, I'm not sure I wanna be on the lake anyhow. The new tow rig is a 2012 Silverado Ls crew cab, 2x4, Just got the 4.8 v8, 20 mpg highway, and the base model, plus a few dealer installed options. The 4.8 has plenty of power for my needs, Im sure it will haul the boat with ease at 295 hp. Rick Hendricks Chevrolet is a great place to buy. I told them what I could spend Monthly, And they cut the price dramatically to make it happen.

Attachments

• truck.jpg
    truck.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 798
I did manage to beat the heat today and get the rest of the Grizzly Grip applied. Now it is down to final assembly, Glue the rod locker liners in, put the t motor back on, and the fish finder. Load all my gear in, and go fishing. Hope to get the dash piece this week, will be a rather quick install, the wires are there, just need to mount stuff up. I will probably order my jack plate on Friday. should take just a few days. Plan to be on the water weekend after next jack plate or not. I got to clean some stuff up, And Ill get some new pics tomorrow up.

Dash is built, got to add some paint and get it mounted up. Guess when i figure out how to upload via i phone i will share a picture.

Bugpac said:
Dash is built, got to add some paint and get it mounted up. Guess when i figure out how to upload via i phone i will share a picture.
Plz be sure to include with the picture when you figure it out! Ive been trying to figure it out to.

So from this.
file.php

to this.

Attachments

• photo(3).JPG
    photo(3).JPG
    208.6 KB · Views: 688
My same buddy who cut it out for me, taught me to somewhat use auto cad via skype. It was pretty fun to learn, and actually rather enjoyable to just set and draw random stuff. He cut it on the waterjet, folded it, and put all the rivnuts in. He shipped it today, I hope to see mid week. Old friend back in Michigan, hence the reason he taught me Autocad via skype. Nowdays technology allows us to really dream up, draw, and have the custom piece built/assembled in no time flat.

The dash looks great! I assume a switch panel is going in the rectangular hole, what's going in the round one?

Bugpac said:
Haven't did a bunch on the boat this week, I actually bought a new tow vehicle, I figured after 38 yrs it was about time to buy new. I did manage to cut the rod locker liner today, Tomorrow I am going to apply the grizzly grip to the bottom floor in the boat. I have to sand, etch prime, then apply two coats of the Grizzly. I still need to add the jack plate, And get the dash installed, My buddy has been real busy and hasn't got the dash cut out and bent up yet. My new tow vehicle doesn't have a reese hitch from the factory. And im not opening the hole on the bumper up. I ordered a hitch today at Advanced Auto Parts, got to love the online coupons. will take a week to get, and 15 minutes to install. Seems its over a hundred degrees, I'm not sure I wanna be on the lake anyhow. The new tow rig is a 2012 Silverado Ls crew cab, 2x4, Just got the 4.8 v8, 20 mpg highway, and the base model, plus a few dealer installed options. The 4.8 has plenty of power for my needs, Im sure it will haul the boat with ease at 295 hp. Rick Hendricks Chevrolet is a great place to buy. I told them what I could spend Monthly, And they cut the price dramatically to make it happen.

Holy Crap. I got a 2000 Silverado, 2 door. with a 6 foot bed step side, with a V8 and I only get 13mpg lol. Dang I Saw 20 on your new one Its amazing how my truck is like way smaller and I get worst gas mileage lol.

gillhunter said:
The dash looks great! I assume a switch panel is going in the rectangular hole, what's going in the round one?

round hole is for a stereo. Gill, next Sunday Brine and I are hitting Yargo with the boat. If your free come on out, You can show us how to catch some fish. :)

Kochy said:
Bugpac said:

Holy Crap. I got a 2000 Silverado, 2 door. with a 6 foot bed step side, with a V8 and I only get 13mpg lol. Dang I Saw 20 on your new one Its amazing how my truck is like way smaller and I get worst gas mileage lol.

they actually advertise 19, expected range for most drivers in fine print is 17-23

Bugpac said:
gillhunter said:

round hole is for a stereo. Gill, next Sunday Brine and I are hitting Yargo with the boat. If your free come on out, You can show us how to catch some fish. :)

:LOL2: :LOL2: :LOL2: I had my hat handed to me on Yargo this year. But have done alright on Sandy Creek. Hope to see you!

Latest posts