Bustin' Bass

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my trolling motor back on, It has anderson connectors instead of the typical old plug, I was trying to think how i could make it clean install, what i came up with was to unclamp the power wire and stick it under the pedal, I then clamped the transducer wire back thru the slot. ran both thru a hole under the pedal to the underside of the deck, I think it turned out really clean, I then ran the transducer over and back up thru the deck with the rest of the forward control wiring to come up underneath my dash. Im happy how it turned out. Im gonna try and replace the bunk boards next weekend after we get done fishing Sunday, while the boat is in the water, Im gonna move it backwards on the trailer a tad to, as it is a bit tounge heavy now. I also drilled a 1.5" drain hole in front of the livewell, it drains excellent now, I just need to find or cut a screen for it.

Attachments

• pedal1.jpg
    pedal1.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 851
  • pedal2.jpg
    pedal2.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 851
  • 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    550.2 KB · Views: 850
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    573.3 KB · Views: 850
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    551.1 KB · Views: 850
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    555 KB · Views: 850
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    560.9 KB · Views: 850
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    585.4 KB · Views: 850
Bug,

You got a lot done yesterday since I was there. It's crazy how much time doing stuff like figuring out how to run wiring and getting holes drilled and the stuff installed takes. But the result is well worth it.

DaveInGA said:
Bug,

You got a lot done yesterday since I was there. It's crazy how much time doing stuff like figuring out how to run wiring and getting holes drilled and the stuff installed takes. But the result is well worth it.

That hole sucked, I had to go thru the aluminum wall, then bore a hole thru the foam, darn hatch fell on my head when I slid out from the underside. :mrgreen: I just need the dash so I can button up wiring, and put the bulkhead in. Only thing I lack to do it the way I want now is the Jackplate, May order next week.

Bugpac said:
DaveInGA said:
Bug,

That hole sucked, I had to go thru the aluminum wall, then bore a hole thru the foam, darn hatch fell on my head when I slid out from the underside. :mrgreen: I just need the dash so I can button up wiring, and put the bulkhead in. Only thing I lack to do it the way I want now is the Jackplate, May order next week.

You are so close your boat can smell the water now. :D

Got the boat pretty much finished up last night, Took it for a splash today, checked out the livewell, etc, no leaking fittings and the overflow keeps up perfectly. I was going in knowing I would likely loose a bunch of speed for the added 500lbs, Estimating. It seems the bow is up pretty good at Wot, I gotta work on that, I will be adding a mini jacker in the next few weeks. I also haven't purchased my radio yet, and the dash assembly needs to come back out for paint. I only stayed on the lake for about 1 1/2 hours, it was hot out there today, I managed one short fish, I really wasn't trying hard, I was playing with the boat more than anything. Truck pulls it great. Few pics.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    585.9 KB · Views: 801
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    583.4 KB · Views: 801
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    581 KB · Views: 801
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    577.6 KB · Views: 801
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    564.3 KB · Views: 801
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    558.7 KB · Views: 801
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    536.1 KB · Views: 801
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    605.9 KB · Views: 801
No, there just rotten, my boat is actually to far forward because the 2x4 even new isn't gonna keep the transom from fish hooking, IMO the transom needs to set over a bracket, not just the board. I'm gonna redo the bunks and hang a bracket out to support it, or use 4x4's.

Thanks guys, this whole project really disappointed me for a bit with the crappy job i paid for, but I'm beginning to see the upsides, had it out last Sunday and caught a couple, plan to this Sunday as well, then a tourney the following Sunday.

Latest posts