Bustin' Bass

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spent some time last night drawing up a dash for the front deck, it will house the switch panel, and the stereo. The Lowrance will sit on top of it. My buddy is gonna waterjet the parts and bend them up for me. the sides will bolt on, which will actually hold the dash to the deck at the same time. Should work really well.

Switch panel.
13579.jpg

Stereo.
usb-multimedia-receiver.jpg

Attachments

• dash1.PNG
    dash1.PNG
    41.6 KB · Views: 711
  • dash2.PNG
    dash2.PNG
    81 KB · Views: 711
Your boat looks amazing...great job so far. What paint/color did you use? Im going to paint my 12' jon...and want to go with the same color. thanks and look forward to the progress on your boat.

I had the paint matched at the paint store, they scanned a piece of the seat cut out. I did mine in acrylic enamel, best bet would be to do it base/clear and use the ultra flat clear. I added flattening agent to mine, but it still has a decent shine. I wanted it to be as dull as possible.

Hope to have the dash mid next week. Revised a few pieces etc, and I think he was gonna have it cut today or tomorrow.

So I got all the hatches mounted, I added some rubber bumpers to get rid of the tinny effect people complain about, they cost 2.00 for 100. Got to finish up the wiring, add one hose to my plumbing this weekend. Grizzly grip is arriving Monday, that will have to wait until next weekend to get put down. Boat should be 100% complete next weekend. Can't wait too get it back in the water. Going to get the rod lockers lined as well this weekend and get everything cleaned up. I could only install the rubber bumpers on the hatches I had made, the original hatches that were 1/2 donkey built don't have a lip so ill have to figure out a different alternative. When we remade the new ones we cut the height down 1/16th to accommodate the bumpers.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    8.9 KB · Views: 631
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    553.1 KB · Views: 631
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    579.5 KB · Views: 631
Boat is looking great!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll bet you can hardly wait to get back out on the water! Hope I run into you at Yargo one day soon.

Bug,

Looking good. I got that rubber mat (I picked up from Academy Sports we talked about) installed. Used some PL metal flashing sealant to stick it down. Worked great like that and didn't melt the rubber mat. Would do a good job on your rod lockers I'm thinking and not too expensive.

DaveInGA said:
Bug,

Looking good. I got that rubber mat (I picked up from Academy Sports we talked about) installed. Used some PL metal flashing sealant to stick it down. Worked great like that and didn't melt the rubber mat. Would do a good job on your rod lockers I'm thinking and not too expensive.
Got the mat today, the pl construction adhesive we talked about?

Everything under the seat is done, just need to clean up a bit. All the batterys are mounted, plumbing is done, tried the livewell out tonight, works perfect. Got to get my dash, and install the switch panel and stereo. Working in the confined space of the seat is a real pita!

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    593.9 KB · Views: 773
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    589.5 KB · Views: 773
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    566.7 KB · Views: 773
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    614.7 KB · Views: 773
fool4fish1226 said:
Looks nice and clean - gettin closer to fishing time
Grizzly Grip arrived today, will be getting that laid Saturday. When you did yours did you do 2 coats? As for taping, I was thinking putting 2 layers of tape and peeling first off after first coat, seems like it wouldn't come off well once material dries. Just waiting on the dash, Should be in the water in 2 weeks.

I did do two coats. I used a single layer of the blue painters tape without any issues. You might want to give that new green tape (Frog Tape?) a try. I seen people use it and it produced some really clean lines. Let us know how it turns out.

fool4fish1226 said:
I did do two coats. I used a single layer of the blue painters tape without any issues. You might want to give that new green tape (Frog Tape?) a try. I seen people use it and it produced some really clean lines. Let us know how it turns out.

So when you pulled the tape, the first coat cut clean with the tape line? How long did you let the first coat dry prior to second coating?

Bug - I don't remember the actual time between coats but the first coat was just about dry before we applied the next one. You mat want to shoot them an e-mail and find out for sure what they recommend for dry time between coats.

I still have had no issues at all with this product and would use it again.

Good luck, can't wait to see the finished masterpiece

Grizzly gripped!!

I did the grizzly grip different then planned, I taped below the radius, and put the grizzly grip around the radius, figured this way if my tape lines were not perfect they would be less noticeable. I used the blue painters tape. You have to get that stuff off as soon as you get the second coat on. I sanded all the surfaces with 180 on the Da, hand sanded all the radius's, wiped with a wet cloth to remove as much dust as possible. Then I wiped with acetone, and started painting, I used one full gallon, and only 2 of the recommended 4" rollers, They recommend 2 each of the 4/9" rollers per gallon, IMO don't waste your money on the 9" rollers. Stick to the 4's. They make enough mess, I can only imagine the stuff slinging off a 9" roller. These rollers they have would be excellent for steel flex as well. I have steel flexed 2 boats, and would have loved to have these rollers.

I only waited 1 hr between coats, It was all pretty much dry to touch, I put it on heavy were the shotty seam work was, That was still a bit wet, It covered them up very well, Now only I and the guy who did it know its there. They only recommend waiting to avoid the first coat pulling up when you roll over it, this stuff is super sticky!

Attachments

• photo(1).jpg
    photo(1).jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 714
Thanks Guys, I can finally see the prize. 1 month ago I wanted to take this thing to the scrap yard. Its cooling off at my house a little. :mrgreen:

Latest posts