Delhi 1430 with Evinrude 9.9

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
who likes my new trailer!!!? haha... what did i get myself into?

newtrailer2.jpg

newtrailer1.jpg

newtrailer.jpg

gonna need alot of work but i think in the end it will make a great trailer! (if it turns out better than my other trailer i am going to keep it and sell the other one)

theyyounggun said:
How did you get it home?(with the flat)

lol... well i was really worried that it wouldnt make the whole trip and that i would mess something up on the LONG trip home... from across the street! haha :)

its been sitting in my across the street neighbor's front yard for SEVERAL years. i saw him outside the other day and asked if he wanted to sell it cause i have 2 boats and only 1 trailer. he said $150 and i said sold!

im gonna go to harbor freight and see how much tires are (what size should i get? it has 5.30x12 AND 4.80x12 on there now) and if its not too much $ i may get a couple new rims as well? this weekend i will probably tear all that wooden box off and then pressure wash the trailer to get rid of the years of spiders and filth.

i dont know if the lights work? didnt even try them yet haha... i have a brand new in box set of trailer lights so they will probably go on the trailer this weekend also. man i have alot of work to do! i also am going to try to convert my middle bench seat storage on my Lowe 1436 into a livewell this weekend! and build some pole holders, and re-do the decking/carpet in my Lowe 1436... and... and... and.... it never ends! :)

got some work done today... trailer is actually in pretty good shape! i may keep it for my bigger boat? its needs a little money and love but its a solid trailer!

new trailer3.jpg
new trailer4.jpg
new trailer5.jpg
143018.jpg
143019.jpg

143020.jpg

I like the clean design of this one, I find the extras are more trouble & weight than they're worth a lot of times =D> . It's obvious you've done this before; you know what you want, and you're working faster. You're carpeting everything, do you cover your boats faithfully when you're not using them (I don't want to sit on wet/rotting carpet every time I fish, so have avoided it to this point)? I'm interested in your opinion(s) on carpet :?:

Cheers,

Scott1298 said:
I like the clean design of this one, I find the extras are more trouble & weight than they're worth a lot of times =D> . It's obvious you've done this before; you know what you want, and you're working faster. You're carpeting everything, do you cover your boats faithfully when you're not using them (I don't want to sit on wet/rotting carpet every time I fish, so have avoided it to this point)? I'm interested in your opinion(s) on carpet :?:

Cheers,

thank you!!!

i am a big fan of carpet... not only does it look good but it feels way better than sitting/standing on scorching hot aluminum! i do however throw a tarp over my boat when not in use...

Hey..I havent check in on your mod in a while I thought I was losing it with all the boats you are working on lol. Very cool, enjoy.

Hey, which seats do you prefer? I noticed on boat #2 you went with the plastic with cushions. Are they comfortable? I was think about adding that type as well because Im assuming they are alot lighter than the other boats seats.

thanks...

trueblue1970 said:
Hey..I havent check in on your mod in a while I thought I was losing it with all the boats you are working on lol. Very cool, enjoy.

Hey, which seats do you prefer? I noticed on boat #2 you went with the plastic with cushions. Are they comfortable? I was think about adding that type as well because Im assuming they are alot lighter than the other boats seats.

thanks...

well originally i like the all padded seats.... but then i bought those plastic/cushion seats and i like them better! i dont know that they are any lighter but they are wider and feel a little more sturdy. also on a hot sweaty day your not sitting on leather type seats.

inlovewithsurfin said:
(what size should i get? it has 5.30x12 AND 4.80x12 on there now) and if its not too much $ i may get a couple new rims as well?

another nice score for you. congrats...

rims look good, save the money for something else. with the tires off, coat the whole thing in epoxy paint and they'll look good as new. about tire size, bigger is better for long distance towing, smaller is better for shallow ramps...from what i see in your reports, i think your fising grounds are nearby?

don't paint the trailer frame, it appears to be galvanized...there's a paint you can use to touch up rust spots...

got a little more work done... painted the evinrude and added the front seat. also picked up a minn kota 30lb thrust trolling motor. the boat is now ready to move on to its next owner! sadly my fiance says it needs to go! i dont see the problem in having two boats!? :LOL2:

143024.jpg

143027.jpg

143025.jpg

TheMaestro said:
Why are you selling the big one instead of the small one? .....and what item is your fiancee selling on her end... I mean fair is fair.... LOL!

i am selling the small one... this Delhi with the 9.9 is only 1430 and my Lowe is 1436... Buckshot is already sold. sorry for the confusion :/

as far as my fiance goes... i just asked her what you said and she just started laughing! lol... :LOL2:

boat, trailer, motor.... have all been sold and on to a new home! i believe the new owner of the boat will take care of her and get great use out of her!

now on to the next project! :)

inlovewithsurfin said:
TheMaestro said:
Why are you selling the big one instead of the small one? .....and what item is your fiancee selling on her end... I mean fair is fair.... LOL!

i am selling the small one... this Delhi with the 9.9 is only 1430 and my Lowe is 1436... Buckshot is already sold. sorry for the confusion :/

as far as my fiance goes... i just asked her what you said and she just started laughing! lol... :LOL2:

I'm the boss at my house... my wife says I can be!