In search of big Cats

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr.fish

Reaction score
Saturday started out very unsucessful trying to target a couple of 30+lb grass carp in a local park pond. I arrived later then I wanted and by that time, kids, and geese had already filled the pond with alot of noise. By lunch, I was on my way to the river to check out several newer spots for future nights of catfishing. Later that day, I had made my way into dicks to purchase something for the wife, when I ran into Joe(jirwin6985). After some short conversation, we had agreed on a time to get together later that day to give some catfishing a try.

After dinner and some short rest, I headed out in search of some bigger baits. Getting bigger gills was a little harder then usually, so just about every size panfish I caught went into the bucket. Around 7 or so, I was meeting up with Joe, where we had joined forces, and headed out for what hopefully would be a rewarding night.

We were set up and fishing by sunset, and within about 10 minutes, I was hooked up on a smaller flathead. Joe was very shortly after with the next, and so on. For almost the first hour or so, it was pretty consistant action. This had to be one of my worst night for bad hooksets, with just about 5, or 6 fish missed on the swing. Around 10, Joe had banked at least 4 to 5 smaller flatheads with the biggest to 8lbs. I however had just about the same succession with fish, with 1 bigger fish mixed in. Just as we opted to pack it up and move locations, Joe mentions he is getting some hits on his rod. Once again I was not suprised to see Joe have a fish on his line as he reeled in.

8lber
Picture1735.jpg

Joes first fish
Picture1734.jpg

22lber
SANY03151.jpg

Around 10:30 we had jumped to another spot, where we had meet up with some other friends of mine. The current was terrible in the spot that they had choosen, and more or less I knew I luck of catching fish was just about over. We stayed for another hour or so talking crap or fish, and decided to call it a night just around 12.

Latest posts