Lowe Roughneck 17/55D 2 stroke 90/65 Mercury

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome project! I have almost the exact same boat (stock), any idea where that console came from or what brand it is?

gabeskillzz05 said:
Awesome project! I have almost the exact same boat (stock), any idea where that console came from or what brand it is?
I bought this boat new in 2011 and it was on it when I bought it, I think its a factory Lowe console.

Great progress. I'm making plans to remove my front box I added so I can lift my floor. I couldn't tell from the pics, did you do anything in between the ribs to help water flow? I've been trying to come up with something to ensure the openings don't get plugged with leaves etc. I'm also planning on adding boxes to my rear deck and replacing the foam. I'm certain it is water logged. Did you do anything to try and prevent future water logging?

didnt have to do to much to the sides, wedged them open alittle more but had to drill the stringers in several spots to aid in draining. Best defense is to seal up the deck to keep the bigger stuff from getting below the deck.

Got alittle bit done this week, Installed the batteries and wired the charger. Got all the livewell fittings in. Found a cool aerator nozzles that will aid in pumping all that water back out the livewell without having to use a bucket or put another hole in the transom. With the tip pushed in, it recirculates to the livewell, pull the tip out it pumps the water out of the livewell, all using the recirculation pump.

Batteries charging....
IMG_0698.JPG

Livewell pump, aerator fittings and thru hull for the pump out line...
IMG_0711.JPG

Dual barb aerator fitting...
IMG_0713.JPG

Tip pushed in, recirculates to the livewell...
IMG_0715.JPG

Tip pulled out, it pumps the water out the livewell....
IMG_0714.JPG

Managed to get my livewell and battery hatch skirts built and installed, everything is wired and plumbed. Got some primer down, waiting on some warmer temps so I can paint. We got 3/4" of ice last night so it may be a while.

IMG_0720.JPG

IMG_0725.JPG

IMG_0739.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0726.JPG
    IMG_0726.JPG
    81.7 KB · Views: 717
That is coming along great, really like that fill and drain all in one. Where did you come up with that? Looks awesome keep it up!

Jeeper said:
That is coming along great, really like that fill and drain all in one. Where did you come up with that? Looks awesome keep it up!

Found the nozzle on Flowrite's web page. They got all kinds of cool livewell stuff.

Works been slow on my boat, I had a customers boat come in, and we just got it out the shop. I did get my hatch lids installed with new Perko latches this weekend. Metals in for the side skirts, Hopefully I can get those broke and installed this coming weekend. We just got another boat in this past weekend, guy wants a transom riser built to install a jet on a 1760 roughneck,that one will move pretty quick.

New lids with hinges installed...
IMG_0846.JPG

Battery hatch lid with latch....
IMG_0855.JPG

Livewell lid with latches...
IMG_0857.JPG

Both hatch covers with latches...
IMG_0858.JPG

Console wiring hatch...
IMG_0859.JPG

Havent got to much done on my boat lately, working on everybody elses...LOL. I did get my front deck support broke and installed. Ready to get some paint on the ole girl and get her back in the water.

IMG_0907.JPG

IMG_0908.JPG

Got the side supports on one side done last night, Im hoping to get the other side installed tonight, then spend the rest of the week sanding her down so we can spray this weekend some time.

IMG_0910.JPG

IMG_0911.JPG

IMG_0913.JPG

Side supports in and one side primered, going to be sanding and primering, and taping next few days, Im going to try and have it ready to spray This Saturday or Sunday which ever days warmer. then spend next week stenciling and re-installing all the hardware because next Saturday....we going fishing!

IMG_0914.JPG

IMG_0915.JPG

IMG_0916.JPG

IMG_0917.JPG

Good idea with the side supports. That should keep the garbage/dirt out.

whats the deal with the hatches did you but them if so where , ive looked a little no success

Latest posts