new 16 Ft Sears Project

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gators5220 said:
Have you taken that thing out and fished on it yet? Lookin good by the way, but you need to name that thing already! Thought about any names yet? It's bad luck to fish without a named boat...

O **** ! No i totally for got to do that lol, but yeah i been fishing out of it a LOT ! ! about 50 + time i LOVE fishing and got the my biggest bass of my life this spring with the new boat 7# 2oz large-mouth

been to Champlain in it about 10 times, one time was north wind at like 30+ MPH winds handled like a dream !

ill have to think of something cool thought, any cool ideas ?

I've followed your thread and must admit I'm envious of the bargain you got, and even more, of you being young enough and with the resources to use and modify such a great boat to the extent that you are making it your own.

I'm a bit surprised that the strong winds on the big lake didn't move you all over the place. I was thinking that you could use more weight up front to make it behave. Glad you didn't seem to need to.

For a name...? Maybe you could consider "Tin Mistress," if that's not offensive to folks.

Very nice rig.

Be safe. Wear the PFD in the big lake, will you?

thank ! and i love that name

i will be having more wight up there soon but i had my buddy that was with me sit up front as far as he could

there is still a lot of work that i am planning on doing to the boat as well, i need a live well so i can start fishing tournaments

Kismet said:
I've followed your thread and must admit I'm envious of the bargain you got, and even more, of you being young enough and with the resources to use and modify such a great boat to the extent that you are making it your own.

I'm a bit surprised that the strong winds on the big lake didn't move you all over the place. I was thinking that you could use more weight up front to make it behave. Glad you didn't seem to need to.

For a name...? Maybe you could consider "Tin Mistress," if that's not offensive to folks.

Very nice rig.

thank ! and i love that name

i will be having more wight up there soon but i had my buddy that was with me sit up front as far as he could

there is still a lot of work that i am planning on doing to the boat as well, i need a live well so i can start fishing tournaments

Kismet said:

Very nice rig.

Tin Mistress is cool, whatever works for you...part of making your own boat outa tin is the ability to make it yours...so whatever you think is cool is what's most important...

Gators5220 said:
Tin Mistress is cool, whatever works for you...part of making your own boat outa tin is the ability to make it yours...so whatever you think is cool is what's most important...

need to think of something with bass in it

well it has been some time sence iv been on and have done a ton of work on the boat and have a few more planes to come

test - https://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l592/Deej-Collise/644598_10200209074481994_719940247_n_zps377c7d58.jpg

well it has been some time but i worked on the boat early this spring and really went to town and got a lot of work done on the boat posting the pic i took during the project

the new transom

what i ended up doing was going with a bigger wheel and axle set up as well cuz the tires that i hade were so small and there were this weird one lug thing and couldnt find and to use for a spare that i upgraded. Better on the highway and rolled a lot better but the fenders did not fit with the bigger tires so i fabed this job up and it works great and is really strong

getting the boat ready for the tournaments im doing i have to get it up and running 100% so i
rewired the whole boat
added a nice control panel
replaced the old metal gas tank
added a second battery
and new working running lights and horn

also got / made a live-well to

and by the way this worked out Amazing ! i was able to keep my 5 fish alive for the whole tournament witch was 7 hours i did change out the water a few time and had " please release me " in there as well witch works great to

but i was really impressed in how well it all worked out because it was 90+ out that day it was HOT !

just got a new trolling motor the other day and that is today's project

i got a Minn Kota PowerDrive V2 with i pilot for 300$ and also got all new 6 gauge wire to run as well

i did get out on it a tin this past year ! going to be adding and fixing more stuff this spring,i need to work on the trailer and i need to get a new prop this spring as well, hoping to get into a lot more tournaments as well this coming season

so iv got to work on my trailer next but idn were i can find trailer parts ! any help would be appreciated looking new tires that dont last a few months, wench post mount is what i am really looking for as well

I need to work on my trailer as well, if you don't mind paying for shipping cabellas is an option or any online source. But if shipping costs are an issue (and with trailer parts they usually are because they are heavy), then you might want to look around for something local.