New boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonmac

Reaction score
going to buy a new boat this year and have some questions that I hope someone can help me with.
Iam looking at a Lowe Roughneck big river 1860.

Does anyone have one of these?
Wondering if they are a good quality?
I keep my boats for at least 10 years or longer and was wondering about longevity.
Right now I have a good 1544 it has been a good boat just wanting to upgrade.

I have looked them over and basically they'd be good for river fishing. They're just a really large jon boat, nothing special about them. Would be nice and stable, fairly light for pulling. I don't remember what they're rated at motor wise. I didn't get one because I really couldn't justify it in my case. I usually fish alone and don't need that much room. I also prefer something with a console, these are tiller boats. You'd have to have a console installed or do one yourself if you'd like one. It just depends what you're after. I think they're a good boat from what I've seen of them.

I enjoy all types of fishing. Just looking for a do all boat, anything from panicking to cat fishing.

My wife doesn't like my. Boat that I have now so also wanting a stable boat also that's why I am thinking an 1860

jonmac said:

My wife doesn't like my. Boat that I have now so...

...Now we’re getting somewhere. [emoji3]

Seriously, after reviewing the specs, I like it.
All welded, long and wide. Plenty of open floor space in the tiller boat model.
There’s nothing not to like in my opinion.
You’ll probably have to get a bigger motor though.

Whatever you decide, enjoy your new boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts