New Member Introductions!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey people, I'm Roger from West Tennessee. I am new to the site and I'm finding alot of great information on here. Thanks for sharing the things yall have done so that people new to all of this have some guidelines to go by.

I just bought a 1988 model Nissan 15' semi v. It has a custom camo job that looks pretty nice. It came with a 1976 Johnson 25 hp. I have no clue how it runs because the plugs are out of the motor. I plan on getting plugs today and tinkering with it Saturday afternoon. I have a 15 hp Johnson that is in tip top shape to run the boat till I get the 25 going.

The boat has a livewell and a couple of seats on it, other than that it is stock. How big of a trolling motor will I need for this boat? I also want to put a deck on the front. What is the easiest way to do this since I'm new to the tinboat world??

Thanks for your advice!!!

RCurry2069 said:
Hey people, I'm Roger from West Tennessee. I am new to the site and I'm finding alot of great information on here. Thanks for sharing the things yall have done so that people new to all of this have some guidelines to go by.

I just bought a 1988 model Nissan 15' semi v. It has a custom camo job that looks pretty nice. It came with a 1976 Johnson 25 hp. I have no clue how it runs because the plugs are out of the motor. I plan on getting plugs today and tinkering with it Saturday afternoon. I have a 15 hp Johnson that is in tip top shape to run the boat till I get the 25 going.

The boat has a livewell and a couple of seats on it, other than that it is stock. How big of a trolling motor will I need for this boat? I also want to put a deck on the front. What is the easiest way to do this since I'm new to the tinboat world??

Thanks for your advice!!!

:WELCOME:

Thanks for joining!

The trolling motor all depends if you want one battery (12v) up to 55 pound thrust or two batteries (24 volt system) for more pounds of thrust.

For your deck, look at these projects and pick one that looks like yours to get ideas on how they did theirs!

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=3156

Jim

Hey...Welcome to TinBoats Roger. Happy to have you here.

Jim has the rest covered. It's good advice. :LOL2:

Don't forget about the search function too. There's a lot to be found within the caverns of TinBoats. All good stuff!

Hello all!!! My name is Jason and I'm from central KY (5 minutes from nolin lake). I grew up here hunting, fishing, farming and all that good stuff. Growing up we always had fiberglass bass boats but due to the fact the economy is horrible I decided the aluminum boat route was the way to go when I decided that I wanted. So I ened up with a 10ft and a 14ft in a matter of about a week. The 10ft is ready to go and should get me and my best friend through the summer even though we'll be alittle tight for space. The 14ft is a work in process and will hopefully be ready to go by the end of summer. I've been checking things out on here and have gotten some pretty good ideas. I can't wait to get this thing rolling, it has taken forever to strip the paint off. Hope to be posting pics before too long.

HI EVERYONE BEEN ONTHE SITE 2 DAYS NOW LOVE IT ALREADY LOOKING FOR MY NEXT PROJECT ALOT OF GREAT IDEAS ON HERE AND SOO MUCH KNOW HOW, THANKS FOR AGREAT SITE!!!!

Bob,
Welcome to the site. Not sure where you are located, but there is a gathering near Madison, WI in late June if you are interested.

On a side note, it would make reading your posts if they weren't all capitalized. Generally ALL CAPS is reserved for heavy emphasis of a point and shouting. It is harder to read, especially for my older eyes.

Hello everyone I am not new to fourms but am new to this site, I do not have a boat yet but will be getting one hopefully on sat. 14' starcraft with all the fixens I am pretty excited about this, only because I am an avid icefisherman, and not really fond of summer fishing due to fishing from shore/piers...I hope to meet alot of new people on here and will post pics of my boat as soon as I get one/it? Thanks :mrgreen:

Hello all!

Ken here from Duluth, MN where we're still waiting for the ice to clear off the lakes.

Picked up a nice project boat a few weeks ago and found this site while searching for ideas on how to get everything fixed up. This will be my third boat project, first was a fiberglass hull that I stripped down repainted and put a new interior in. Sold that one for a nice profit and used the money to buy a '85 Grumman Cartopper 14' fishing boat. Cleaned that one all up and fished out of it for a year, worked well but made me want a little better boat.

That leads me to the current project, an '84 Alumacraft T-14SF which has a live well, bow mount trolling motor, and lights! I've got the whole thing gutted right now and am laying out plans for putting it back together with a small front deck and a few other upgrades.

Look forward to helping where I can and searching through the tons of great info here!

Hello,
I'm Travis from north central Alabama. I've been lurking on this site the past few days and I have already learned a lot. Thanks.

Three days ago I went to the scrapper-recycler and found a 14' Starcraft and a busted Sears canoe. I look forward to sharing and learning with y'all as I get these old and forgotten craft back into shape.

scrapboat said:
Hello,
I'm Travis from north central Alabama. I've been lurking on this site the past few days and I have already learned a lot. Thanks.

Three days ago I went to the scrapper-recycler and found a 14' Starcraft and a busted Sears canoe. I look forward to sharing and learning with y'all as I get these old and forgotten craft back into shape.

Sweet!!!!! Welcome Aboard!!! Im from just north of ya in Cullman County. Good luck on your new projects.

Hello all...I stumbled upon this website yesterday. My name is Ronnie.
I like to fish, but im starting to get tired of doing it from the sidelines....im currently looking for me a little aluminum boat to get myself started in the water.

Hey everybody,
names brandon 20 years young and have had 4 boats already. fixed up a 16' glass hull, and an 18' glass hull and trailers. Sold them and lived without one for a year. Couldn't stand it so I bought a 10' coleman crawdad from a friend fixed it up. Then got a new dog. Me fiance, chihuahua, and husky can't fit. So I bought a 16' aluminum jon boat and have a mod going on it right now. Bought boat and trailer for 200 but needed some work. Currently unemployed but will not stop me from fishing. live in Lincoln, NE. Sorry about the rambling. Good day to you all.

Hey Brandon....welcome to the TinBoats family.

We love pictures, so don't forget to post progress pics of your mod. :mrgreen:

Hi all...I am new on here, but never introduced myself. My name is Ronnie...Im from East TN...and as some of you have seen and responded, I am currently in the search for my first boat....a good lil jon tin. I like to fish, just tired of being on the sidelines.

93civEJ1 said:
Hi all...I am new on here, but never introduced myself. My name is Ronnie...Im from East TN...and as some of you have seen and responded, I am currently in the search for my first boat....a good lil jon tin. I like to fish, just tired of being on the sidelines.

Hey Ronnie.....Welcome again! :LOL2:

Latest posts