New Member Introductions!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to TinBoats Brokevet. Happy to have you here. Looking forward to hearing about progress with your tin too. :wink:

I am Chris too. Went with a friend to many stores today. He was buying electrical stuff. I asked about rivets. Was told nobody in the middle of Florida has solid aluminum rivets. One guy worked on airplanes years ago and might have some. Didn't know it was so hard to find rivets.

My first post was in the wrong thread. Way to go new guy!!! #-o

So stopping in to say hey (again). Saw the great vid with the perfect song on youtube and had to join.

Being from San Diego, CA theres more boats over 20' here and Im all about being original.

Looking to build a father son project. Maybe a 16' Lowe or Tracker.

I want to trust a riveted boat, but hear they leak?

Anythoughts on spraying a coat of truck bed liner on the inside to keep the rivets in place?

Thanks all-Tight lines!

brokevet said:
I am Chris too. Went with a friend to many stores today. He was buying electrical stuff. I asked about rivets. Was told nobody in the middle of Florida has solid aluminum rivets. One guy worked on airplanes years ago and might have some. Didn't know it was so hard to find rivets.

Hey Chris too.....You CAN find rivets on line. Here's the first example I found with a quick search. (Not sure they have what you need, only an example)
https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/hapages/solidalumrivets.php

Hey BONZAI.....it's true...rivets can leak. Then again, so can welds. I personally prefer welds, but that's my preference. Rivets can be fixed/sealed and are okay to have in a boat. Use the search function in the upper right hand corner of this page and you can find threads where people have fixed leaky rivets, and/or replaced them completely. I've not done it myself, but it doesn't look difficult with the right tools.

Also...welcome to TinBoats. Happy to have you here.

fender66 said:

Hey BONZAI.....it's true...rivets can leak. Then again, so can welds. I personally prefer welds, but that's my preference. Rivets can be fixed/sealed and are okay to have in a boat. Use the search function in the upper right hand corner of this page and you can find threads where people have fixed leaky rivets, and/or replaced them completely. I've not done it myself, but it doesn't look difficult with the right tools.

Also...welcome to TinBoats. Happy to have you here.

Thanks Fender,

Yes the search button will be my friend. \:D/

Howdy from Central Ca, Was passing by about a month ago looking for info
on a livewell & decided I would join up on what seems like a real friendly and
info filled site. I just retired (well Yeah, right) and am enjoying some down
time. I have a 1997 Tracker 16, 25hp. It has been a good little boat for me.
Well, thanks for letting me join up and I'll be looking at all the great
information that has been posted on here..

Twistedline

Hey Twistedline.....glad you found us and joined the fun. Congrats on the retirement and if you have any questions about that livewell....just ask.

fender66 said:
Hey Twistedline.....glad you found us and joined the fun. Congrats on the retirement and if you have any questions about that livewell....just ask.

Thanks, Fender.
I came on here sometime ago looking for comments on Fishmatepro. I had
been wanting to invest in something different than the lousy plastic
livewell that was in my tracker. I had been looking at his site for quite awhile
and then saw some negative comments on his business. I also have a retail
site and I know you gotta take care of your customers. Well without making this
a book, I contacted him and told him I would purchase a livewell if he would
ship it to me C.O.D.. He first said no, that his investor would not let him do that.
But he mailed me back and said he would agree to that.. I got my livewell and
he received my money order and all is good. I now see that he has posted
that he accepts C.O.D... He does build a nice well.. I have not got it installed
yet, but will be doing so soon.. As soon as I quit wanting to go fishing
everyday!!
All is well, Twistedline

Hi All!
My name is Rob and I live in Northern Maine. Really glad I found this Forum, have gotten a lot of useful info so far.

roblj65 said:
Hi All!
My name is Rob and I live in Northern Maine. Really glad I found this Forum, have gotten a lot of useful info so far.

:WELCOME: Rob!

Thanks for joining!

Just got back from Long Lake Camps in Princeton myself. I love it up there. Hopefully one day I would like to buy a small camp on a lake up in your area.

Welcome to TinBoats Rob. Hope your avatar pic doesn't represent a self portrait. :LOL2:

Glad to have you as part of the family.

Hi everyone!! This is an awesome site. I'm Rob and I live in Jacksonville,NC. I have been in the Marine Corps for 11 yrs and currently stationed at MCAS New River. I have recently purchased an early 80's 1436 Monarch jon with a 77' evinrude 25hp on the back. I have already stripped the boat down, painted it and now builting a big casting deck on the front. Look forward to learning as much as i can here.

Hey guys, I live in Central Illinois about 30 minutes from the Illinois River. I bought a Boat Last week. My family is a fishing family we go all the time. even more now that we have a boat lol. Im almost 40 have 5 kids and am married to a fishing woman(yay for redneck women). I found this site looking up boat pics lol and found lots of info here. I plan to stick around and am happy to get to know you all.

Hey Rob and Dragonman.....welcome to TinBoats. Happy to have you aboard.

Rob, Thanks for your service and Semper Fi. :USA1:

Dragonman....hold on to that woman!

my names theo and i live in grain valley, missouri. i am 16 and i began fishing recently with friends and now rely on it as a hobby since i tore my ACL and have very few activities i can actually do for the time being. i absolutely love fishing though. i fish a lot of ponds b/c i dont really have easy access to a lake, but i love learning new things everytime i go out. im really glad i found this site b/c it is very resourceful, neat, and fun! :wink:

Hey Theo.....great to have you here. I remember (barely though) being 16 and fishing. You have a lot of years ahead of you. Do you have a boat? (BTW...you don't have to. We're still glad you're here if you don't)

It's also great to have another Missouri guy! :mrgreen:

Hello boaters. Nick from Vacaville california. I took my step dads 12 foot boat camping (had to fix some stuff first) and had a way better time fishing than dirt dwelling. All he had was a trolling motor and he wants an outboard and don't blame him it took awhile to get around. Found this site and now I have to get my own boat! Just want to say thanks in advance for the help. 8)

Latest posts