Poconoboss' Tracker Topper 1542 Conversion - SHE IS DONE!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I've spent the whole summer getting out almost every weekend with my son and wife.

We have had a blast, this was one of the best purchases made, we have had so much enjoyment out of it, even on days where my wife doesn't feel like fishing she sits on the front deck reading her book and sunning herself.

The boat is very comfortable and very stable with the 3 of us. There is plenty of room to move around and fish. The 5HP outboard pushes it along nicely. The big surprise was how well the Minn Kota trolling motor pushes this boat, I was very surprised! There are some electric only lakes we have gone on and it worked very well, my wife loves it because it's so quiet.

Here is the only problem.....we love boating so much now....we want to get a bigger boat...lol.

Nice work... I have the same problem as you with developing the want for a bigger boat. More room and more speed would be nice. Depending on how far up in the Pocono's you are have you ventured down to Beltzville or Mauch Chunk at all this summer?

atuck593 said:
Nice work... I have the same problem as you with developing the want for a bigger boat. More room and more speed would be nice. Depending on how far up in the Pocono's you are have you ventured down to Beltzville or Mauch Chunk at all this summer?

We fish on Beltzville lake all the time, it's only about a 30min drive.

I have been to Mauch Chunk (or Jim Thorpe) but not to fish...what bodies of water is good fishing there?

[edit] I just realized you meant Mauch Chunk Lake (thought you meant the town, which is what Jim Thorpe used to be called) No I haven't fished that lake yet, is it good fishing?

Nice... Mauch Chunk "Lake" lol is nice (plus I live 5 min from there). Much smaller and shallower than Beltzville but its an easy lake to fish. They will hit on just about everything there. The only drawback is that the fish don't have too much size to them around 10 - 12 in. Its also nice to not have large boats flying past you with their wakes because Chunk is electric only. I have made it a point to fish Beltzville a lot more this summer. (usually week nights weekends are crazy up there!) I have seen some nice fish pulled out of there while fishing tournaments the biggest being over 6lbs. I hope to land one of them soon lol.

atuck593 said:
Nice... Mauch Chunk "Lake" lol is nice (plus I live 5 min from there). Much smaller and shallower than Beltzville but its an easy lake to fish. They will hit on just about everything there. The only drawback is that the fish don't have too much size to them around 10 - 12 in. Its also nice to not have large boats flying past you with their wakes because Chunk is electric only. I have made it a point to fish Beltzville a lot more this summer. (usually week nights weekends are crazy up there!) I have seen some nice fish pulled out of there while fishing tournaments the biggest being over 6lbs. I hope to land one of them soon lol.

Beltzville can get crowded on the main section of the lake, but there is a "finger" near the boat launch that goes back to a nice quiet spot (it goes under a road bridge). There are some nice nooks in there that produce fish quite easily. Also there is a spot just past the bridge where the depth gets to about 52 feet for when the fish are holding in deep water. Surprisingly, most people never fish that section?

When fishing is slow, that section is almost guaranteed to at least get some panfish (nice sized ones).

I almost never fish the main section of the lake...just too busy, not to mention those pesky jetskis.

Time to fish B-Ville, may-june & Oct>ice on.
Boat traffic is minimum, and fishing ain't bad! If you want to launch at Preachers camp, (south side, off 209), your in a large no wake area.

Hey i was looking at this boat for christmas and i was wanting to mod it like yours how stable is it? :D

PoconoBoss said:
SCBassin said:
Hey i was looking at this boat for christmas and i was wanting to mod it like yours how stable is it? :D

It is VERY stable...no issues at all.

I 2nd the stability of the 1542. We took ours out for the 1st time this past weekend and it was very stable. I stood and fished all day with ease. I also have a 1431 that we use on some of the local fresh water canals and a small lake, electric only...and the difference is night and day.

Nice rig by the way, you did a great job. I lived in PA for a while...in Lake Ariel. Loved fishing Lake Wallenpaupack and the lake in the Hideout. Good fishing in your area. In Florida now and have to say the fishing here is amazing.

Latest posts