Poconoboss' Tracker Topper 1542 Conversion - SHE IS DONE!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fool4fish1226 said:
PoconoBoss said:
fool4fish1226 said:
Looks great =D> plus the locally brewed adult drink is a nice touch (Just guessing your in PA)

Yes I am located in the Pocono Mts. in Pa.

Thanks for the comment.

I'm actually heading down your way for 2 weeks on Saturday, I'm going down to the Keys for some BIG fishing! So my finishing touches on the boat will have to wait a few weekends.

I will be in the keys the week of the 23rd also (work related but will have some free time). Good luck with your fishing should be a good time. Will it be your first trip to the keys?

I was born and raised in summerset county PA been in florida since 1987

I go to the keys every spring, my Dad lives in Islamorada. His condo has a 400 ft. pier that goes out into the water, I have caught so much stuff right in his backyard, Nurse sharks, Barracuda, Tarpon, Needle fish, Box fish, Lobsters, you name it.

Last year I took my wife on a charter for Dolphin, she had a blast, she never did anything like it. I think this time I will rent a boat and do some patch reef fishing.

I was born and raised in Brooklyn NY, moved to PA about 16 years ago to get away from the city life.

I did a little more work tonight, I added some rod holders, cup holders/accessories holder and some cleats.

Some more pics:

boat1.jpg

boat2.jpg

boat3.jpg

=D> That looks great. Perfect fishing machine. Only thing I'd check is the rear seat location. Most people mount the seat towards the starboard side so you can run the tiller easier on the outboard. I like the washercaps, wish I would have thought about that when I did my 1232. If i ever carpet my Alumacraft I'll be stealing that idea :D

JFDBasser said:
=D> That looks great. Perfect fishing machine. Only thing I'd check is the rear seat location. Most people mount the seat towards the starboard side so you can run the tiller easier on the outboard. I like the washercaps, wish I would have thought about that when I did my 1232. If i ever carpet my Alumacraft I'll be stealing that idea :D

I tested different positions and I find it most comfortable in that position. What I do is, swivel the seat to the right, which allows me to hold the tiller comfortably as well as see the fish finder and also makes it easy to look behind the boat.

The hardest part is now waiting for the better weather to get her out!! :mrgreen:

Haha, I hear ya. I finally finished my 16' Alumacraft. Going crazy wanting to use it.....hoping the weather holds out for this weekend.

Well, I finally picked up my trailer last weekend and got my registration in the mail, she is all ready for her maiden voyage tomorrow!

I cut 2, 4" circles into my gas/battery compartment and put grills over them for venting and I got a friend of mine who makes decals to make my boat name and registration nos. I scraped off the Topper Tracker 15 decal and put my custom decal in it's place.

My wife and son and I are taking her out tomorrow for her first trip on the water, hope all goes well.

Here are some pics of the finished boat.

Here is the vent:

vent.jpg

Boat ready to go:

whole boat3.jpg

whole boat2.jpg

Name decal:

decal2.jpg

Nice rig, I've picked up a few new ideas from you! I noticed you have the boat sucked way up on your new trailer. Any troubles backing up, or with the tailgate coming down? I've got the same boat and a 14' max trailer. With the tailgate up I can't see my trailer without the boat (and borderline with the boat on), so i've been dropping the tailgate for visibility. I want to travel with my 6 hp motor in place on the boat and I'm trying to decide how far to move the boat up on the trailer to support the transom; I either leave that last foot of the boat hanging out the back, or move the winch up over the hitch?

TheMaestro said:
Nice rig! The black looks very sleek. What kind of rod holders do you have?

They are Scotty Rodmaster II's, got them at Amazon for about $19.

Scott1298 said:
Nice rig, I've picked up a few new ideas from you! I noticed you have the boat sucked way up on your new trailer. Any troubles backing up, or with the tailgate coming down? I've got the same boat and a 14' max trailer. With the tailgate up I can't see my trailer without the boat (and borderline with the boat on), so i've been dropping the tailgate for visibility. I want to travel with my 6 hp motor in place on the boat and I'm trying to decide how far to move the boat up on the trailer to support the transom; I either leave that last foot of the boat hanging out the back, or move the winch up over the hitch?

I moved the winch up so more of the boat would sit on the trailer mainly so that it would fit in my garage.

So far i have no problem backing up, but I plan on installing vertical guides for better visibility.

im thinking on purchasing the 1542 topper... are you satisfied? hows the paint holding up? ( i heard there was problems with peeling ) is it stable?

Nice build! The only thing I worry about, and I am no expert on the matter, would be having the battery and the fuel tank in the same compartment. Just wouldn't be comfortable with it, vented or not. Any particular reason you chose not to separate them? Or was it not a conscious decision, anyway?

I hope you've had a good summer fishing! Where did you get the cup/accessory holders on your back seat?

Scott1298 said:
I hope you've had a good summer fishing! Where did you get the cup/accessory holders on your back seat?

I picked up all the cup holders etc. at Bass Pro Shop.

kylebacc said:
Nice build! The only thing I worry about, and I am no expert on the matter, would be having the battery and the fuel tank in the same compartment. Just wouldn't be comfortable with it, vented or not. Any particular reason you chose not to separate them? Or was it not a conscious decision, anyway?

Honestly, I just didn't think about it, having the battery covered in a case and having the compartment vented, I just didn't think it was an issue.

Latest posts