Post a Pic of your boat!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, those are twin consoles. Heres a pic from head-on. I bought the boat with the consoles loose and installed them fully forward. It gives me about 10 feet of empty space in the rear for fishing.

DSCN1183.JPG
DSCN1182.JPG

seif5034 said:
100_0456-1.jpg

it's a starting point. 12' Sea king Jon. $40. no trailer :( , no motor :( , no leaks :D

Bro, I have just bought that same boat and am decking the front now. I have to say that your price was much better than mine. 40 bucks is awesome! Well done. Send me pics once you start modding it.

Macgyver said:
ben2go said:
Why is the boat on the trailer and lying on it's side?Just curious.Never seen that before.

:D It's actually hanging from an overhead hoist. I was working on the trailer before I picked up the boat and put it on the trailer when I took it out of the back of my truck. When I got the boat it hard been sitting on the bank of a pond under some trees and was very nasty. In that pic I had just finished cleaning it, I had it on it's side to wash all the crap out of it and it was easier to lift it by the trailer. After cleaning it thoroughly I put a "roll on" bedliner coating on the inside to seal it .

P1010003.jpg

P1010002.jpg

P1010001.jpg

hey Macgyver,
from rolling on bedliner on the bottom, did that make the boat heavier, and a lil different in sound when water hits the boat , you know how you get that hitting sound, did it make it a lil sound proof??
and did you put anything under the boat to seal it also??

No, it didn't make it heavier, I don't think , it did lessen the sound from thumbs , bumps and water slapping the hull. the reason I did the bedliner was thinking it would help seal the few minor leaks I had. it did some , but not all.

hes mine,, just got it, fri night!! 2-20-09..
took it out today sunday morning (2-21-09),, got it at a steal price $160!! and love the space,, from soo many boats i bought in the past im keeping the vhull.. (you have to find the one you feel comfortable with ,, i know i know, im afraid of commitment)
i had from 1232 flat aluminum sear jon, 1236 sears aluminum jon, to 1236 pelican plastic ramx , to 12' dixie fiberglass jon, and the one i love is this alumacraft vhull , its light, ,,
i had the 1654 polar kraft,,omg,, soo freaking heavy,,, too many stress cracks ton the ribs, had to repair it was gonna cost me more to repair that what i bought the boat for,, soo i traded it for a good 6x12 utility trailer.
but i love the 12' alumacraft vhull 3 benches,, ahh perfect,,
all i have to do is seal it, (had a slow,very slow leak, dont know where is coming from) , paint it, put some seats in it,, and done,,

Attachments

• 450a.jpg
    450a.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 1,407
  • 02-22-09_1354.jpg
    02-22-09_1354.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 1,856
  • 02-22-09_1355.jpg
    02-22-09_1355.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 1,855
Waterwings said:
Nice rig, kemical ! You get around to refurbishing it, Iguanagraphix might be able to duplicate that Alumacraft emblem on the boat and make you some nice new decals. 8)

sweet,, yea, i like that,, gona look it up and ask how much for the decal,,,
plus i got the boat at a steal,,, $160!!!

kemical said:
Waterwings said:
Nice rig, kemical ! You get around to refurbishing it, Iguanagrafix might be able to duplicate that Alumacraft emblem on the boat and make you some nice new decals. 8)

sweet,, yea, i like that,, gona look it up and ask how much for the decal,,,
plus i got the boat at a steal,,, $160!!!

Nice price on the boat! Here's the link to site sponsor Iguanagrafix:
https://www.iguanagrafix.c

Here is my tin. It is a 1666 Snyder with 175 Evinrude converted to a jet 2004 model. It had carpet in it and this year I took it out and had Line-X sprayed it and new seats. Top speed is about 40mph, but I usually cruise on the river at about 27mph. The first pic is when I bought it and the last 2 are pics after the Line-X was done.
DSCN1398.jpg

Picture001.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Welcome to Tin boats!! Very interesting the way the console is positioned on your boat. I like it, never seen that before.

I've never heard of Snyder boats before. I went to their website and they look pretty tough. I like that center console look. The trailer looks like it's built like a tank too. I like the walkway down the centerline of the trailer. That thing looks like it would be pretty good for flounder gigging. I wonder how well jets last in salt water?

That's the kind of setup I need.. NO place on the river would be safe if I had a boat like that.. LOL Ofcourse I'd have to add some skids to the bottom... Not really worried about skimming on gravel, but there are some pretty nasty ledges around here.

Awesome boat optaylor823!!

No need for skids. The boat has UHMW on the bottom which is like Teflon cutting board, so it slides across rocks. The center console is toward the front to balance out the boat. It keeps the back end from sitting deep in the water when running and floating. There is about a 2 year waiting period to get a new one, but if a man does not mind traveling to get one he can find one used. They are made tough. It has .190 bottom and .125 sides with the UHMW on the bottom. I fish the Duck River in Columbia, TN.

optaylor823 said:
No need for skids. The boat has UHMW on the bottom which is like Teflon cutting board, so it slides across rocks. The center console is toward the front to balance out the boat. It keeps the back end from sitting deep in the water when running and floating. There is about a 2 year waiting period to get a new one, but if a man does not mind traveling to get one he can find one used. They are made tough. It has .190 bottom and .125 sides with the UHMW on the bottom. I fish the Duck River in Columbia, TN.

I think I'd travel around the world for one... IF i could afford it ofcourse.... LOL

Thanks for the welcome and all the nice comments. I agree most guys would travel around, but I think when they got there they may still in line. LOL