Project "Livin Large" (update July 19 - rocket launchers!)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, your project is looking great. really like the front dry storage. Would your friend be interested in making me up a decal for my boat, obviously for cash?

Why did u need the numbers on it? Do I have to do that with a 1436 with a 9.9, or is it only 10hp or over.

cali27 said:
Hey, your project is looking great. really like the front dry storage. Would your friend be interested in making me up a decal for my boat, obviously for cash?

Why did u need the numbers on it? Do I have to do that with a 1436 with a 9.9, or is it only 10hp or over.

Yeah, my buddy would probably be happy to do up a decal for you. I will PM you his email address.

You need to register yout boat if it is over 10hp. My motor is 18hp. Even if your motor is below 10hp it's not a bad idea to register. I am told it is a good theft deterrent. It doesn't cost anything.

fender66 said:
Where did you get the deck lids? I've been looking for something similar. Thanks.....great job too!

www.greatlakesskipper.com

You can get similar hatches at Cabelas and Bass Pro but Great Lakes Skipper has better prices and selection, and they ship really fast.

Cheers,
BC

I know you asked the question of baitcaster, but a bimetal hole saw (standard hole saw from Lowes/Home Depot), does quite nicely. Once you get the pilot bit in, tilt the drill a couple of degrees, so that the saw is cutting at a very slight angle. Gets it cutting only one portion at a time, and does a fine job.

bassboy1 said:
I know you asked the question of baitcaster, but a bimetal hole saw (standard hole saw from Lowes/Home Depot), does quite nicely. Once you get the pilot bit in, tilt the drill a couple of degrees, so that the saw is cutting at a very slight angle. Gets it cutting only one portion at a time, and does a fine job.

Yep, I used a hole cutter for the rear seat. On the front hatch I used a jig saw with a very fine metal-cutting blade. I finished the hole with a Dremel and sanding wheel.

BaitCaster if you don't mind my asking, what body of water do you fish? I like to fish the west arm of Nippissing and was wondering if the boat would handle it.

Jeff

wvmedic said:
BaitCaster if you don't mind my asking, what body of water do you fish? I like to fish the west arm of Nippissing and was wondering if the boat would handle it.

Jeff

I try to stick to the smaller lakes. However, I have had it out in some pretty heavy chop. You just need to be smart and go slow when the wind kicks up.

Nice ride bait caster! I once had the same boat with the trolling mtr mounted on the bow like yours except i bought some thick metal angles from home depot that i put side by side and a 2x4 behind for gapping.never let me down, yours is really nice! now you need a stereo maybe for while your cruising to the sweet spot at full throttle. I forgot i wanted to ask about that reward sticker on transom whats the deal with that looks like its from bass.