Trailer Mod Part 2

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SVNET

Reaction score
I tried one more thing with my current trailer.

I added rear bunks and so far so good the boat is planted and very stable.

Now I have to take it back to the lack to see how it launches...

What you guys think, any improvement ideas ?

lauchingSetup.jpg

boatStage1.jpg

boatStage2.jpg

boatStage3.jpg

boatLoadRear.jpg

boatLoadFront.jpg

finalLook2.jpg

I like it, nice going. I would carpet the bunks, she will launch and return to the trailer much easier and wont mark up your boat.

There ya go! But I think I'd rise the bunks 6-8" so ya don't scrape your butt on the dips :wink: Heck, take a sawzall to the front rails & lower the front of the boat too, weld tabs on it so you can bolt it back in if'n ya need it :mrgreen:

ST

I'm with Slime Time. cut the front rails so it sits level and carpet the bunks, like DuhFish said.
then it looks like raise the rear roller so when it comes up to the bunks it doesnt hit the trailer.
Man thats a great use of a small trailer.
keep us posted.

Double duty. Good idea...when you are a millionare from this idea, we can all look back and say "I remember when that was first invented." :mrgreen:

My first thought was "Is that legal?" but then I thought "Why wouldn't it be?" I agree with the other guys, get the butt raisesd up or you'll bash/drag a hole in it somehow.

Carpet the bunks too, helps a lot.

You'll have to cut the front rail out SVNET, thats the only way to get that rear end up higher by lowering the bow down, but still have the boat low enough to launch well. If you raise the bunks up instead then I believe you'll have to get in so deep in the water to float it to launch that your tracker may take a swim :roll:

once that works and you still are getting to close with the tracker you could always extend your trailer tounge, go a foot or what ever you think keeps you not going in so deep.

If ya noticed I seem to preach a long trailer, from experiance I favor them now, nothen worse than getting the vehicle in the water and hitting a slick spot and you can't pull out, so you gun the engine and that creats lift from hydro-planning the tires and float you will-deeper in the water :shock:

Longer tounge, keep your vehicle out of the danger zone 8)

your on it and once done you got a fine trailer :wink:

Another thing to consider is hooking.If you hang an engine on the boat and the trailer doesn't support the transom you will get a hook in the hull.Just being supported by the bunks isn't enough unless they are supported underneath by the trailer.If you plan to remove the motor, after pull out, then no worries.A hook is a condition that deforms the rear of the hull and makes planning very hard and sometimes dangerous.It can cause the nose of the boat to dig into the water instead of rising out of the water.Very bad for a small boat with limited height above the water.I'm not trying to give you a hard time.I just wouldn't be able to live with myself if I didn't bring this to your attention.I see no real problem with your set up.However,I do agree with the above.A V notch in the front of the trailer would help alot and lengthening the tounge would be a great advantage.There are many videos on U tube where people have sank their tow vehicles because of slippage on the ramp.longer tounge is such cheap insurance to me.

Thank you for all the great advised here. Lots of important stuff that I was not even aware off...

I am in the process of locating a real boat trailer, I have the money in hand, I just have not run across the right one for me.

The ones I have found this far a bigger then what I need and too heavy but I know eventually I will either found a better boat combo with trailer or just a good trailer.

This whole adventure with my utility trailer is just an experiment to allow me to still use the boat until I get a good trailer.

On thing I noticed today because the boat was face up and it rained, my boat does not has a plug, so it gets full of water, why is that ?

Regards.

Happy labor day to all of you!

SVNET said:
On thing I noticed today because the boat was face up and it rained, my boat does not has a plug, so it gets full of water, why is that ?

Regards.

Happy labor day to all of you!

It get full of water when it rains because it doesn't have a plug to let it drain out. :lol:

SOMEONE had to say it... :D

Latest posts