X-rap fetish

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr.fish

Reaction score
Who has it? Last count, I owned 38 total. Not to mention how many I lost or exploded on rocks in the last year or 2. I could possibly go broke buying these lures, but I love em.

I know some of you guys use them and swear by them the way I do. What colors work best for you?

Picture1782.jpg

I don't think that the fish around here care for them. :lol:

I won one on this site last year and I think that I may have caught one fish on it in the dozen times that I have tried it. It looks good so I'm not sure why the fish are not going for it.

You have me almost doubled in them:)
Clown has to be my favorite..spring/fall year around.
Looks like it might be yours to.I can see why it's hard to get that color...now:)
Fall when the baby kiacks are going back to sea,I'll throw the Darker ones.
Havn't tried the goby one yet....tomorrow is looking good though.

I bought 2 and lost one almost immediately to a tree who jumped right in front of me mid cast!!!! Since then I keep my other one tucked safely in my box and concentrate on sticking with soft plastics since the trees are more willing to give them back. :lol: :lol:

BassAddict said:
I bought 2 and lost one almost immediately to a tree who jumped right in front of me mid cast!!!! Since then I keep my other one tucked safely in my box and concentrate on sticking with soft plastics since the trees are more willing to give them back. :lol: :lol:

I know that tree!

I have 6 or 7, have only caught one or two on the clown color, had nice fish on a white one but I was sure it was a snag and not a fish, it popped off when I realized otherwise, haven't had a bite on the yellow perch, the silver/black back, or the gold with black back.

I've had a few of them, and really like the action. But seems anytime I try throwing one much the bill on them(or any type rapala for that matter) ends up breaking off...so i'm over spending 7-8 bucks on a lure that I might get a days use out of when there are other jerkbaits out there. Plus a jerkbait isn't something that I can throw much around here anyway. :|

Jerkbaits rank up there near spinnerbaits for me, so yes, I have a few. And, when I throw them, they do produce. Especially Glass Ghost. But, they are forever breaking, so I don't have, or throw many of them. I have lost fish in tournaments when they split down the middle, as well as lost quite a bit of $ when they jettison the bill on the first trip. I use mostly Daiwa DB minnows, with some Lucky Craft Pointers mixed in. I do have to say, I am a DB minnow fiend.

I have more than a few, my favorite color in the early spring is bubblegum pink for small mouth, also works for whitebass and walleye. I use rainbow trout color for brown trout. Using then with some success depends on what fish you are after and water temp and water color and lure color.

Latest posts