First peacock of 2018

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gnappi

Reaction score
I've fished pretty hard (from shore) this year, but with lack of rain, cold snaps, and a voodoo curse following me like a black cloud so far only little LMB's in the 10"-12" range have been taking from my arsenal of artificial lures. It's been so bad my casting arm has grown and I now am getting the appearance of a fiddler crab. The gators though have been very interested in just about everything I throw out there becoming a nuisance.

Tonight at sunset was different. Several big LMB's were short striking my plastic lures ripping them up... a glimmer of hope, but one nice peacock around 2 lbs took hold and stayed on. It went back in the water.

first_peacock2018.jpg

first_peacock2018_2.jpg

As the weather warms up I'll start taking my 10' "Minnie tinny" out for

gnappi said:
I've fished pretty hard (from shore) this year, but with lack of rain, cold snaps, and a voodoo curse following me like a black cloud so far only little LMB's in the 10"-12" range have been taking from my arsenal of artificial lures. It's been so bad my casting arm has grown and I now am getting the appearance of a fiddler crab. The gators though have been very interested in just about everything I throw out there becoming a nuisance.

Tonight at sunset was different. Several big LMB's were short striking my plastic lures ripping them up... a glimmer of hope, but one nice peacock around 2 lbs took hold and stayed on. It went back in the water.

View attachment 1

As the weather warms up I'll start taking my 10' "Minnie tinny" out for
Beautiful fish! Thankfully no Gators to worry about here! Just mosquitoes in the summer. Thanks for posting.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

beautiful fish. I wish i could fish but this michigan weather is just killing me. I believe the entire state may be cursed :)

JimmyTodd said:
beautiful fish. I wish i could fish but this michigan weather is just killing me. I believe the entire state may be cursed :)

Most of my few business and personal trips to Minnesota, Illinois and Michigan were in the winter. Being from upstate New York I "thought" I knew what brutal cold was, and I almost forgot about it being in south Florida since the mid 70's.

Thanks for reminding me that fishing, boating, camping, (only Canadians go to the beach down here in the winter) and motorcycle riding 12 months of the year and no state / local income taxes were worth the reduction in pay... gotta go lower the A/C :)

gnappi said:
... The gators though have been very interested in just about everything I throw out there becoming a nuisance...

Try dynamite next time...

Still cold in CT - no fishing...yet...the weekend looks promising.

Latest posts