Anyone order tackle?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skysail

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone orders their lures and what not online. If so, from where?

tackle warehouse is a great site, good prices and a great selection of everything!

The sponsors on this site - there are few that sell great lures at great prices - stuff you can only get through Tin Boats

I also use TW and a few other places. I purchase most of my FW stuff online

Captain Ahab said:
The sponsors on this site - there are few that sell great lures at great prices - stuff you can only get through Tin Boats

I ordered some of the 1/16 oz. crappie lures from crappie lures . com . They look good anyway, just I'm having a hard time retraining myself to a ultralight spinner. Frustrating! I blame it on the wind.... ya thats it.. the wind!

it takes a good sell or nonavailability for me to fool with online since bps and academy and 10min away. i have used tackle warehouse and flystop.

Since we dont have a dedicated full blown tackle shop on board as a sponsor yet, I usually just buy from whoever you guys mention.

90% of my plastics come from JDBaits, unless they are hitting them that day on a color/style plastic I don't have then I shoot over to Dicks sporting goods, Walmart, or Basspro.

I have used Tacklewarehouse, Landbigfish, BassTackleDepot with no problems.

I've always said to myself if a tackle supplier could provide free shipping like Amazone does ($25 free shipping deal) they will get the majority of my business. I can't stand paying shipping! I do still order online occasionally mainly because I want particular items that can't be found locally.

moloch16 said:
I've always said to myself if a tackle supplier could provide free shipping like Amazone does ($25 free shipping deal) they will get the majority of my business. I can't stand paying shipping! I do still order online occasionally mainly because I want particular items that can't be found locally.

Tackle Warehouse has free shipping for order over 50.00 (it is hard to order less then that anyway)

I try to order stuff that people around me can't buy locally. We don't have an Academy here in Ohio, so I buy a lot from them. I like their H20 Express line. I've had good success with Tackle Warehouse and Bass Pro online, too.

Captain Ahab said:

+1

order stuff from Cabelas, Bass pro, Gander Mt.>(free shipping), Jans netcraft, plus some smaller specialty places, like "Woos Lures".
getting tired of driving to some of these places, and coming home with half of what I went there for.

I tend to use Tackle Warehouse as they are a sponsor of my son's college bass fishing team. I support them and they support the team. Sounds fair to me.

I go with the local shops. When it comes to an online order of a handful of lures, it ends up costing me more to shop online than going do a dedicated tackle shop. Tackle shops can do special orders for you if you ask really nicely.

Captain Ahab said:
moloch16 said:

Tackle Warehouse has free shipping for order over 50.00 (it is hard to order less then that anyway)
Agreed, the free shipping is great, with the money I save I put towards the 2 day air for $5. I love it!!! Since most of the newer baits come from the West Coast TW has the newest lures on the market.

I order a lot from grizzleyjig.com. I cant drive to Bass Pro and back for less than the cost of shipping. No real good mom and pop shops round here.

I may be old school, but I refuse to use my credit or debit card online. I did with business card once got my product but also a scamer got my credit card numbers. Luckily my credit card company cover all purchases I did not make. If I find something I want, I go to local bait shop see if they can order it if not give them link and just let them order it. I will pay extra for them handing transaction.

If you guys wanted to give us a look, we are running a 15% off Labor Day sale for all Tin Boat's members. Just use the coupon code "Tin" and it will take the 15% off. We also have free shipping if you spend $75 or more!

www.HomeBrewedTackle.com

I have ordered a lot online. Ordered from Tackle Warehouse, Bass Tackle Depot, and other online dealers. But I also live within 45 min from Bass Pro Shops and Gander Mtn and 1 hr 15min from Cabelas. Also have two really good smaller tackle dealers that are close by. Just depends on what I am after and price. Want to try some of the stuff offered buy some of the sponsor of this website. Looks like some good stuff. :D 8) =P~