11.28.09 Cherokee Lake, TN... WOW!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

G3_Guy

Reaction score
Location - Lower End
Water Temp - 57
Water Clarity - Clear to Slightly Stained (depending on location)
Weather - Clear & Sunny
Winds: Calm in the morning, light and variable in the afternoon.

I had been waiting for this trip for several days, even after hearing how bad it had been on the lower end. Dad came to the house and we left this morning around 5am. We picked-up a friend of ours, had breakfast and was on the water making our first cast around 7. From the first stop to the last stop of the day, all I could say was WOW! Fish were feeding hard early and although the feeding frenzy stopped, the fished continued to bite all morning. They took a break around noon for an hour or so and then it was back on again all evening. Dad and I ended landing 36 between the two of us and our buddy Tony caught 2 for a total of 38 (33 Smallmouth, 4 Kentucky & 1 Crappie). We also had 10-15 more on and they either got off at the boat or broke off on the way. We even had two doubles today with Tony and Dad catching 2 Smallies at the same time and Dad and I catching 2 KYs at the same time. It was one of the better days I've had in a while. We had a total of 12 keepers (9 SM & 3 KY) and our best 5 would have went around 15lbs. All fish were caught between 3" - 20" deep. Below are a few pics and a link to the album for some of our better fish of the day. Check it out when you have time. Thank the good Lord for the wonderful day on the water with friends and family!

God Bless & Good Fishing!

Album Link:
https://s192.photobucket.com/albums/z136/G3_Guy/Fishing Pics/TN - Cherokee/Nov 28 2009/

100_0009.jpg

100_0004.jpg

100_0006.jpg
100_0016.jpg

BassNBob said:
What were you using?
Given the rods in the pics, as well as the lake and time of year, my guess would be float and fly or "fairy wand fishing" as it is called by some of the local swimbait chunkers :lol: . A technique that I really ought to purchase a setup for, and commit some time to, as it is a real spot catcher.