12 foot semi V Restore/mod- Make unknown at present.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

downtofish

Reaction score
Hi guys, Names John and I am new to the board. I picked up an old 12 foot semi V/rowboat for $80 bucks and found my self a project! My uncle has given me a bunk trailer in great shape that will hold up to a 14 foot boat so that helps the funds! I've attached a photo of it and I will post my progress along the way. I am spending all day today striping it. It has about 8 layers of paint so its going to take a while.... There is one small patch Job in the back but I'm going to remove it and have a buddy weld it for me. At the moment this is my list of things to do.

Strip it.

Drop it in the water and see how bad she leaks. She is old but no noticable bad rivets, I don't think i will need to replace any but most of the boat will be getting hit with sealent before I paint anyhow.

Transom.

Steel flex the bottom only. Was thinking of useing the teflon. Grizzly gripping the sides and the entire inside.

Front deck with water proof storage.

Back bench seat with tackle storage and radio

Flat floor.

Well I need to get back to striping, this is going to take a while!!!2011-12-08_15-36-33_680.jpg

So Took me a bit to figure out but paint stripper and a powerwasher seem to be very effective! 1-3 coats do the trick. I just picked up my trailer and I'll prob paint it after I'm done the boat, but for now its in good shape! I also purchased some new bolts but I won't be needing them for a while, just happen to be at the hardware store. I'm going to try to finish stripping her tomorrow, its about 45-55 degrees here right now so its a little cold for the stripper to be 100 percent effective but its working enough. After that I'm going to garage her till spring when i can epoxy and paint her.

Attachments

• 2011-12-14_14-52-30_794.jpg
    2011-12-14_14-52-30_794.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,232

Latest posts