12 ft. Alumacraft project. Finally done! Pix!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FishnFlorida

Reaction score
Sorta done! I still have to install the seats. :mrgreen:

IMG_0223.jpg

IMG_0224.jpg

IMG_0225.jpg

IMG_0226.jpg

IMG_0228.jpg

Waterwings said:
Looks great! 8)

What type of lid support did you use for the fwd lid, and does it stay open when you lift the lid? I've been thinking I need something for the storage box on my rig.

Thanks! :) The edges of the lid rest on the 2x4's. It's super solid,
I stood on it and was surprised... I used a latch spring that I picked up for like 9 bux at a local marine shop. Works great because it holds it open solid and you just touch it to close it .

Lookin' good. Are you gonna seal that lumber with something like Thompsons?
That recycling box looks alot like mine... #-o

~LCA.

FishnFlorida said:
Waterwings said:
Looks great! 8)

What type of lid support did you use for the fwd lid, and does it stay open when you lift the lid? I've been thinking I need something for the storage box on my rig.

Thanks! :) The edges of the lid rest on the 2x4's. It's super solid,
I stood on it and was surprised... I used a latch spring that I picked up for like 9 bux at a local marine shop. Works great because it holds it open solid and you just touch it to close it .
Elaborate a bit more on that lid holder. I don't want latches on my boat so gas shocks are out, but I would like to have some sort of support. How exactly does it work? Do you have a link I could see?