12' Hewes Craft Mod

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

De Hoog

Reaction score
Been visiting the site for quite awhile and enjoying everyone's work. I'm finally posting something since I have something to talk/ask advice about.

I recently picked up a 12' Hewes Craft with a 10 HP Johnson Seahorse (circa mid 50's). I don't think I want to spend the money to fix/tune up the motor because I don't have the money or skills to work on motors. I have a '67 6 HP Evinrude that I just had tuned for my 10' Livingston that I plan on selling. I've had the 6 HP on the new boat and it works fine for now so the 10 HP will be sold with the Livingston. The boat has had some mods done already, but I am planning on "making it mine" with how I like to fish. In the winter time we're trolling lakes and reservoirs that are ice-free for rainbows and in the spring through fall it's bass and walleye time.

A quick question:
1. I've noticed most people have painted their exterior of the hull. Has anyone tried the aluminum polish from 3M and how did it last?

Pictures will be coming. Progress will be slow...partly because of money and partly because I want to fish out the boat a few times to see what I really want to change. Thanks!

Latest posts