12' Lund V Mod

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cobassman

Reaction score
I just picked up a 12' Lund V and am looking to build front/rear casting decks and a 24v system with a front/rear trolling motors. The boat is rated at 680 lbs capacity and when I run my numbers I know I'll be very close or a little over. Will I be ok or should I be looking into a 14' V ? :)

https://i48.tinypic.com/2laecu9.jpg

I would read this before putting a deck on that boat: https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9074
Do the test, stand on the benches and see what it is like. I have a 12' very similar to that and have tried fishing while standing on the benches and it is kinda scary.

[I would read this before putting a deck on that boat: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9074 Do the test, stand on the benches and see what it is like. I have a 12' very similar to that and have tried fishing while standing on the benches and it is kinda scary.
quote]
X2
IMHO absolutely do not go over rated capacity. And kinda scary get truly scary when you have two anglers moving around at the same time in the boat

rickybobbybend said:
[I would read this before putting a deck on that boat: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9074 Do the test, stand on the benches and see what it is like. I have a 12' very similar to that and have tried fishing while standing on the benches and it is kinda scary.
quote]
X2
IMHO absolutely do not go over rated capacity. And kinda scary get truly scary when you have two anglers moving around at the same time in the boat

some ppl have boat feet and others do not. :)

Finally got this thing somewhat respectable with a new paint job and wood. I'll be building decks in it over the winter. Also I took it out on the water today and it works fine for 2 people standing. :)

Looking to start a similar build, can I see pics? Or details/drawings? Would really appreciate it & I am glad you are happy with your build

Latest posts