12' Sea Nymph Makeover

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WV1951 said:
Dang nice. For starting out with a plane Jane idea, you sure went all out.
Couldn't tell for sure, but with that small trailer, make sure your bunks are all the way back to the transom to support that motor.

thanks. and thanks for the heads up on the trailer. i need to cut longer bunks and adjust them out and down some. trying to decide on trailers. i have a 14ft 1955 duracraft boat that i have for sale on a more suited or better sized wesco trailer that id like to use but it needs alot of work.

I'd try to find an alternative to that plastic through hull fitting because sure as the world having it exposed like that some way it will get snapped and you'll be in a world of hurt. Make a shield or something to protect it. Hate to see all your hard work go down.

you have great taste in boats. Mines a 1986, also, from Michigan.

Attachments

• KIMG0717.JPG
    KIMG0717.JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 1,525
  • KIMG0718.JPG
    KIMG0718.JPG
    82.8 KB · Views: 1,525
  • KIMG0719.JPG
    KIMG0719.JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 1,525
samuelh1987 said:
you have great taste in boats. Mines a 1986, also, from Michigan.

haha thats the one my man!! i wouldnt have spent the time or money on this boat if i didnt like this boat so much

eshaw said:
I'd try to find an alternative to that plastic through hull fitting because sure as the world having it exposed like that some way it will get snapped and you'll be in a world of hurt. Make a shield or something to protect it. Hate to see all your hard work go down.

i have been thinking the same thing probably wouldnt take nothing more than gettin stepped on either. hopefully nothing comes up this weekend i plan to work on it some. thanks for the concern

I've had this Sea Nymph 12R, 1436 Alumacraft, 1232 Alumacraft, and a 1448 Richline V over the last few years and the 12R is by far my favorite. It does fantastic on a choppy windswept lake or windy river. High capacity for a 12 footer, rated for a 15hp (using a 18hp Evinrude currently and it flies!), roomy enough for 2 and easily manageable by yourself. It is about perfect, especially with your mods.

samuelh1987 said:
I've had this Sea Nymph 12R, 1436 Alumacraft, 1232 Alumacraft, and a 1448 Richline V over the last few years and the 12R is by far my favorite. It does fantastic on a choppy windswept lake or windy river. High capacity for a 12 footer, rated for a 15hp (using a 18hp Evinrude currently and it flies!), roomy enough for 2 and easily manageable by yourself. It is about perfect, especially with your mods.

Haha dang I bet thts a fun ride for sure! Mine is topping out at 19 with my 80lb son up front. The motor is a short shaft but it was a bit low still in water. Dragging to the point water was spraying back into boat. Transom riser moved it up 2" so it may break 20 now haha. Not tht i really care but i shouldnt get wet now. I mainly put the riser on to get the motor back a bit so it wouldnt interfere with transducer. But yea this boat just works. Another thing i like is in choppy water i cant feel the floor giving away like i could with my other boats. Its solid

I like the way your rear bench is made. Did you do that?

Your pic reminded me to get a fire extinguisher too.

hotrod5337 said:
I like the way your rear bench is made. Did you do that?

Your pic reminded me to get a fire extinguisher too.

Some states do not require a fire ext. if you have an open vented system and/or a non fixed fuel tank.
If you are adding for another reason, that is different.

It was done by the previous owner. It drove me crazy, lol. I've removed the rear bench for now and have a 2X12 in it's place until I come up with a better solution. The way it's cut rubs your legs something awful when using the tiller. I tried cleaning up the cuts and removing the lip off the back but it made it lose Integrity.

Latest posts