12' Sylvan Smoker Craft

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flatlander

Reaction score
I've had this boat for sometime and after last season I decided that I would make a few changes. Before I had batteries, wires, and what seemed like junk strung all over the place. I replaced the transom on the boat by extending it further down torwards the floor and picking up the support brace on the way. I have permanently mounted all my navigation lights to make them look as though they were always meant to be there. I am going to have all my wires shrink wrapped together and siliconed into a groove that runs along the gunwale. All the wires will lead into my little "console" to the switch panel. My console houses my 2 Cabelas batteries and switch panel. On top of the console is where my depth finder is mounted and a recessed cupholder. The top I made flip top so that I can access the batteries and use as storage. On the under side of the lid that black square is a rubber pocket I made to hold all of the necessary paperwork for on the water. My transom light is just the right length to be mounted in back acroos the transom in a spot that does not interfere with the motor or the fuel cell. I also had to do something with my spare tire, I was hauling around in the back of my truck everytime I went out. Harbor freight had a nice mount for $12 and it worked out great. I'm getting close but here in Kansas the weather can be snowing this morning and sunny this afternoon, you never know what your gonna get. I will update as the process progresses.

Attachments

• Boat2.jpg
    Boat2.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 1,519
  • Boat3.jpg
    Boat3.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 1,519
  • Boat4.jpg
    Boat4.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 1,519
  • Boat5.jpg
    Boat5.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 1,519
  • Boat6.jpg
    Boat6.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 1,519
  • Boat7.jpg
    Boat7.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 1,519
  • Boat8.jpg
    Boat8.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 1,519
  • Boat9.jpg
    Boat9.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 1,519
Neat box. Are you moutning it to the seat where it is in the pic?

Thanks, yes the console will be mounted to the bench as it sits in the pic and I run a 15hp Gamefisher. I still got a ways to go yet with running the wires, paint, and replacing the impeller on my outboard, but its coming along.

Latest posts