14' Fishmaster 1432

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobscreekboy

Reaction score
Just bought this jon boat the other day. Looks like it hasnt been used much but has been weathered from sitting outside for years. None the less still a good solid boat and the guy assured me it doesnt leak a drop. Payed $500 for the boat and he threw in a minnkota 30lb endura, 2 anchors, and I believe 5 life jackets that look like new. It had 2 seats on pedastals which were mounted on plywood floors but the floors were rotted and the carpet was beyond ready to be replaced. So I ripped everything out and cleaned it up.
The capacity plate in the back is unreadable so I was wondering if anyone knew the capacities for this boat or a similar size jon boat or maybe even where I could find the capacity. I would appreciate greatly.

Attachments

• IMGA0065.JPG
    IMGA0065.JPG
    122.8 KB · Views: 8,535
  • IMGA0066.JPG
    IMGA0066.JPG
    126.9 KB · Views: 8,535
  • IMGA0068.JPG
    IMGA0068.JPG
    112.6 KB · Views: 8,535
Here is a link to a lowe jon boat that is similar. Maybe this can help.

https://www.loweboats.com/showroom/riveted-jon/lowe-jon/l1436l.php

number of people = the vessel length in feet times the vessel width in feet divided by 15

For example if your boat is 14 feet long and 4 feet wide, your boat's capacity would be 14 x 4 / 15, which is 56.

To figure out the passenger weight capacity is to take the formula above and figure out the number of people and then multiply by the average weight of 150 pounds per person. In the example above, the weight capacity of the boat would be 560 pounds.

Thanks guys. Im gonna take it out a few times and fish it while the weather warms up before I start my mods. That will also give me a chance to get a feel for it and decide what I'd like to do exactly.

I have a similar boat like yours. Its a 1432, i know all jon boats are made diff but i believe you will be ok with 2 people and light mods. I posted some pics of my boat and it does fine with mods, batt, and trolling motor. I would not deck anything higher than the benches though. Good luck.

cesargomez1003 said:
I have a similar boat like yours. Its a 1432, i know all jon boats are made diff but i believe you will be ok with 2 people and light mods. I posted some pics of my boat and it does fine with mods, batt, and trolling motor. I would not deck anything higher than the benches though. Good luck.

Yea I checked yours out. Nice and clean, good job. Stability isn't really an issue to me. I dont know if you can see it but there's a small 11' v-hull that I modded last year beside the Jon. The boat was free so I decided to do something with it but its very unstable. When someone is sitting on that front pedastal with someone else standing on the bench in the back, a full livewell, battery, 4hp outboard, and 4 gallons of gas you really have to watch your step haha. But we manage to get by without getting wet and I figure this 14' Jon cant be any worse so Im not too worried about it.

I have the same boat and my capacity plate is barely legible. 2 persons or 250 lbs. 390 lbs of persons, motor, gear. 7 H.P. motor. See atached photo. I know this is an old post and the original poster likely doesn't need the info. anymore, but this is for anyone who may be looking for data on the boat. It was made for Wal-Mart by Smoker Craft in Lagrange, Georgia.

Capacity plate from a 1232 boat, (also attached) is the same but says 6 HP motor:
https://www.southauction.com/auctions/9025/lot/6646-fish-master-1232-aluminum-jon-boat-and-trailer

Attachments

• Fish Master 1432 Capacity.JPG
    Fish Master 1432 Capacity.JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 0
  • load rating legible from 1232 boat.jpeg
    load rating legible from 1232 boat.jpeg
    192.7 KB · Views: 0